Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicked forget device accidentally

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I accidentally clicked forget device and now the app (iOS) cant find it again??
Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Thanks for coming to the Fitbit Community @Help123 .

Were you able to setup your tracker back to your Fitbit account? If you haven't already, I recommend re-pairing your tracker using the Replacement Setup instructions. Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I hit forget this device and I have a Fitbit flex 2 and now I can't connect or sync it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lisa21  Try turning bluetooth off, restart your phone, then turn bluetooth back on.  Then go into your app, and try again.

Maybe that will help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey just wanting to know if you were able to get it back? Same thing happened to me ;(. Just got this for Xmas and really frustrating to know it’s not working now. And what you did to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope didn’t fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kpeters14, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @Lisa21Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in order to try to resolve this issue. If you have accidentally removed your tracker from your account and the tracker is unable to be paired back, please try the following:

• Restart your tracker, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Restart your phone

Then, try to set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I was very frustrated this morning with this. I also clicked forget device and couldn’t for the life of me reconnect it. My Bluetooth wasn’t finding it. After rebooting Fitbit and phone a million times I finally went into Fitbit app setting and clicked ALL DAY SYNC and bam, it was found right away in Bluetooth settings and connected in seconds 😁. Hope this helps everyone! 

Best Answer

Hello @Kiley-Jo, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in order to resolve this issue and I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

I had this same problem. I went into Fitbit app settings “notifications”. In order to get notifications on my Fitbit, I had to pair the Fitbit to the phone. This fixed the problem. Hope it helps.

Best Answer

Hello @Mas47, thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your insight about this situation and I'm very glad your issue was fixed by paring your Fitbit tracker to your phone when asked by the app. 

If there's anything else I can do for you or if there's anything else you might want to add to the conversation, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks al sorted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pgj1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us to let me know your issue has been sorted out, I really appreciate you've taken the time to do it. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phew! I too had clicked forget device (mistakenly) and couldn't reconnect, ALL DAY SYNC was the key! It took a few times turning my Bluetooth on and off before my iPhone 6+ could find my Charge2 in order for the devices to pair, but it worked, thanks ever so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @y4tier, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the Community to let me know your issue has now been resolved and your tracker is working as it should. I'm very glad. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So for MONTHS I’ve had this problem, I wanted to disconnect my Fitbit from the phone for a reason I now have forgotten and clicked forget device instead of going into the app and disconnecting there. I’ve tried everything in connecting it again but no luck.

Only today, I had realized from reading this forum that I should try one more thing and that’s just going into the notifications settings in the Fitbit app itself and it will ask you to pair the device and it will do it for you. I went back to my Bluetooth settings and it showed up again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I’m so glad it worked!
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lisa21 and @Help123. When you say you accidentally “forgot this device,” you mean you were in the IOS Bluetooth settings and tapped “Forget this device,” by mistake, right?  You should be able to pair your Fitbit device back to bluetooth from that same place. Please try this and let us know if it works:

1. Make sure your Fitbit device is fully charged
  2. On your iPhone, open Settings —> Bluetooth
  3. Turn Bluetooth off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on
  4. Scroll down to Other Devices at the bottom. Your Fitbit device should show up
  5. Tap the device and follow directions from there.

Please let us know how it works out for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Valerie581, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you again @SunsetRunner and @Mas47, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Valerie581, I appreciate you have taken the time to join us and let us know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find agreat tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes