Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicked forget device accidentally

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I accidentally clicked forget device and now the app (iOS) cant find it again??
Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

My versa was not connecting to my iPhone. I forgot the device and followed your steps to reconnect but it will not reconnect. Just says it is connecting to tracker. Bluetooth is on and says it is connected. How long should it take to connect to tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jnduncan, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. At this moment I would like to suggest you to force-quit the app, then plug in your Versa and make sure it's charging. After that, open the Fitbit app and try to set up your Versa as a new device again following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi!! I’m having this problem as well! And I can’t find “sync all day”. I went into settings, it actually says “advanced settings” and there is no option to sync anywhere on the app. Or at least not that I can find. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what model you have, but for me:

Open the phone app
Click the black wrist band in the top left corner
Scroll down to
Sync all day

--
Maureen A. Stockton, B.S.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vickytory, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Mas47, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Vickytory, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. All-day Sync is a feature included on the tracker settings and not the general settings. As @Mas47 mentioned, on the Dashboard screen, tap on your tracker's picture and scroll down until you see All-day Sync, with a tap you can enable or disable it. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa is not being recognised by my apple device. I’ve turned off blue tooth numerous times for more than 10 seconds. I’ve tried to turn on all day sync on the app. This does nothing as the apple device cannot find it. Over the last few days my watch no longer tells me when I’ve reached my stepping goals. I’m extremely frustrated and want to return my watch. I should have spent the extra money and bought an Apple Watch. 😕😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jnduncan... have you tried rebooting your versa? I’m not familiar with those but hoping that may help. If you don’t know how to reboot it I’d google it. With my Fitbit, I have to plug it in then press and hold the button until a logo pops up on the screen. Usually 5-10 seconds.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good idea, @Kiley-Jo. Tap here for instructions on how to reboot your Ionic, @stewfamily

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @stewfamily, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Kiley-Jo and @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@stewfamily, I appreciate you have joined the conversation and for reporting this situation. I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. If you have already restarted your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen and you're still experiencing issues with the watch and it's not syncing correctly with the Fitbit app, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

This also worked for me!

I turned off "All day sync" and then exited out of the app. An hour later I went back on the app and turned the "All day sync" back on and it said I had to pair my phone. It now shows in my Bluetooth settings again.

Hope this helps! Everything else that I found online to try didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cortnie723, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps provided were helpful for you, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!!!! Thank you thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Elace, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am struggling to find all day sync is that on the Fitbit app or iPhone? I am so frustrated at mo 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LaineyC24 - Welcome to the forums! You cannot find it because it is no longer an option. The default is now All Day Sync. You cannot turn it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, you helped me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me . Delete and reinstall the app worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes