Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments on version 3.84.1.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a chance to check for changes in version 3.84.1 released this morning. The step streak count continues to be from the last time step streak was reset and not from the actual start of the step streak. For the blind user the edit button Continues to be unavailable to those using Apple’s voiceover screen reading software. Pull to refresh does not work for people using the Apple voice over screen reading software also. Heart rate and heart rate zone information continues to be unavailable on the home screen. Hourly information continues to be unavailable to the blind user.  Issues with sleep percentages continues to be a problem. Estimated oxygen variation. Data is not available to the blind user. If there is other information in graph format below estimated oxygen variation that information two is not available. Tiles on the iOS screen continue to disappear. In my case, the tiles are steps, floors, calories and zone minutes.  I will let you know if they also continue to reverse if in should that happen. I am continuing to click on profile/picture, and then the device I am using and then scroll down to synchronize the screen data. I am a blind user and continue to be frustrated by Fitbit, not working to make , the Fitbit iOS app compatible with Apple’s voiceover screen, reading, software, and providing information in an accessible format for people who are blind and reading disabled. I would happily speak with anyone from Google/Fitbit about issues related to accessibility for blind and reading, disabled users, using the Fitbit devices.  I have dictated this on my iPhone and hope that you will be able to interpret my ramblings and find the information helpful. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I updated the FitBit app this morning on my iPad.  I am a Voice Over user; this update is moving in a positive direction for accessibility.

When I focus the Heart Rate tile, voice Over reads my current heart rate.  this allows me to monitor my heart rate while I work out.  I will also be happy to continue these improvements.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I updated to version 3.86 recently, I noted that heart rate and heart rate zone information was finally returned to the iPhone home screen. The information had been unavailable for approximately six months. The edit button which was removed from the ION home screen in September of 2021 still is not available to voiceover users. When I want to sync the home screen and I see or actually hear voice over, read pull to refresh, and nothing happens. I find that frustration.

I continue to find it frustrating when I look at sleep time in zone and find some information referred to as meters and others as hours and minutes. I also find it frustrating that on most days the percentages for all sleep are not included. Recently I cut back on my walking because of the heat, and found that a problem that I had identified earlier with a distance that still not been corrected. Distance when shown as 9 miles or less, and followed by one digit such as 9.2 were reported by voiceover as September 2 and 8.6 was reported as August 6. Also the headings for days of the week I read by voice over in some cases as the abbreviated three letter abbreviation, and others were fully spelled out, and read that way.

Sent from my iPhone hourly information is still not available to me as a user of Apple‘s voice over screen, reading software. And prior conversations with Fitbit customer care I have been told that the problem is with Apple‘s voiceover screen reading software, but I do not have this problem with other Google applications and I and other applications that I use on a regular basis. I did this on my iPhone, and hope you will be able to understand the rambling.
Best Answer