Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS doesn't work on Versa Lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So our multiple problems with gps tracking. Could it be down to the mobile tracking app on our phones. I’ve deleted it reinstalled For an updated approval to terms and conditions. I’ll see how this goes for now but it’s rather Abysmal. That mapping/Gps tracking doesn’t work. So it’s loss of data in your splits etc.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome! It's nice to see a new face around.

Thanks for sharing that the GPS isn't working as well for the steps tried prior posting. I understand your point of view about getting accurate date while using this feature and let me help you out. Your Versa Lite uses connected GPS, meaning that it relies on your phone's GPS to track your data. That said, since you've tried reinstalling the Fitbit app, let me suggest to make sure of these other conditions:

• Fitbit app is allowed to use your phone's GPS. For more details, see this help article.
  • GPS can continue tracking while your phone is locked.
  • The location services are set to "Always" within your privacy settings.
  • You have a strong Internet signal (Mobile Data) during the run.

Also, please try rebooting your phone, restarting your watch and manually syncing before starting your exercise so your watch can stay connected to GPS.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

When it say take your phone. What it means, you need to shut everything down on your phone. Open up the Fitbit app and sync now. Lock your phone with the app open. Now when you start your exercise on your phone you should receive “connected” and your run or exercise will be mapped. On completion end exercise on your watch open your phone and sync now. Your run will appear and then transfer to Strava or the  app of your choice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The fault that wasn’t clear in instructions but as you highlight. I have
posted an update with ”Noddy” clearer instructions to leave their Fitbit
app “open” on their phone, then lock your phone. They should then see
“connected” after starting their exercise on their watch, meaning their
exercise will be mapped. After a resync on completion their exercise will
appear and the transfer to the app of their choice.

Thank you for your help but a simple rewording would make it A lot clearer
to us none IT technical persons.

Kind regards ISG
Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's great to see you here again.

Thanks for your feedback, as well for your efforts while working on this matter. I'm glad that your GPS data is now recorded correctly by your Versa Lite. Hope you can continue reaching many goals! By the way, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

If you need anything else, let me know. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes