Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 worth it for an iPhone user

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the charge 2 but it is glitching and it’s time to upgrade.  I am considering the Versa 2 but since some features only work with androids and I have an iPhone 10 is it worth it? I know I can’t use quick replies to text or calls but can I reply through watch at all?  Does Alexa work and can you use the voice activation?  Is there any other feature that won’t work with an iPhone?  I’m stuck! 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Jaa715. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for your interest in the Versa 2, and let me help you with your inquiry. Most of the features in the Fitbit app and device will work on your iPhone, such as notifications, Alexa, music control and connected GPS. The exception is with the quick replies and the microphone function to reply back to the incoming notifications. Also, when setting up your calendar notifications you'll need to choose the native calendar app so it can work. To know more about the Versa 2 and its features, I'd recommend to check the User Manual.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 worked great for first two months. Now when I try to log water intake from the watch it logs incorrect information and if I log it through app it doesn’t sync properly.  Plus I have to constantly refresh and sync. To get the weather.  Annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jaa715 

I’m so sorry you’re having difficulty with a logging water issue. I don’t have a Versa 2 (I have an Alta HR) I was not aware there was an issue. I did some digging around and I found this: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Water-logged-on-device-doesn-t-show-in-Fitbit-app...

Apparently scanning through the thread it appears Fitbit is aware of this issue and are taking steps to try and resolve the issue. I wish I had a better answer for you. My only suggestion would be to keep an eye on that thread to keep updated on what’s going on. 
I’m  sorry I couldn’t be of more help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I know it has been a couple of months since your last post. I am also an Apple iPhone X user. Are you still happy with the Versa 2 on your iPhone? I am primarily interested in the fitness/health features, and the battery on the Versa 2 just kills the Apple Watch! 🙂

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LittleFrancis - 

Just shy of three weeks (Jan 30 purchase date) with the Versa 2, after Charge 3 (15+ months) and Alta HR (18 months).

Could never see heart rate on Alta HR or Charge 3 when in bright daylight, or even in semi-bright daylight for that matter - easily readable using default screen on dim setting on Versa 2. And the font that heart rate is displayed is a third the size of what was being used on my Charge 3.

My displayed heart rate "at rest", during casual efforts around the house and during walks around the neighborhood (both GPS assisted and not) match manually gathered rates i.e. finger to pulse for 15 seconds times 4. Those rates range from 62 to 120 bpm. I am reworking the garage area at my home, and as such cannot say how the displayed heart rate compares when the rate is over 120, such as when I am cranking out a 3 mph walk on the treadmill. Neither can I report as to whether the Versa 2 Treadmill exercise app has the same heart rate calculation issues the Charge 3 treadmill app did. I can say the Workout app does not have the same issues that I reported the Charge 3 app did.

Like many others, I am having issues with getting clean bluetooth pairing to my iPhone 8 running 13.3.1. I have emails from support stating "our specialize team is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible". As an application developer and "Many Things IT" guy for nearly 40 years, until recently retiring, I am aware that just because you are aware of an issue doesn't mean you know how to fix it and when you determine what is wrong, it doesn't always get fixed overnight.

With the pairing issue, I do not get incoming call or text notifications and syncing is sometimes "an adventure" though I do not have the full on sync failures others are reporting.

Dim screen setting gives me great battery life - last charge to 100% on 2/11 at 3:15pm took until 2/17 at 5:30pm (6 days - 2 hours) to get to 20%. That extends to 7.6 days on one charge. Granted, I only use assisted GPS 4 or 5 times a week and I am not receiving call/text/email notifications due to the pairing issues. Even so, battery life is excellent.

Your comment about the Apple Watch - not only can you only expect a maximum of two days on a charge, if you are lucky, I determined I needed to install at least seven applications to get the basic information from the watch that FitBit supplies in just one application. That number quickly grew to over one dozen applications if I wanted the whole enchilada. Even if I am disappointed that the SP02 sensor on the Charge 3 was never put into play before mine went "white-screen" and it looks like when the sensor is finally put to use, it will be a pay-for-play and be weakly used, the FitBit device/application matchup, in my mind, is execellent.

Maybe wait until the Bluetooth pairing issue is resolved before purchasing yours?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes