Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting used device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have given my older ChargeHR to a family member and set up a separate account for them on an IOS device. The fitbit would not sync with the ipad. I followed the on screen directions (hold button for 3 seconds, make sure blue tooth is activated, remove all other devices form the vicinity) all to no avail. Any ideas on how to (re) set up a used device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Setting up a used device is the same as setting up a new one. You mention that you're using an iPad. Which version is it - fitbit will only work with the generation 3 iPad or later?

Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @Fred17! Thanks for stopping by! Robot HappyI totally agree with @SteveH's question. You need to make sure you're attempting to set up the tracker with a supported device. You can go here to take a look at the list. 

If it is supproted, please follow these steps:

1. iOS software is updated to the latest version. Verify by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. 
2. Bluetooth is enabled in iOS settings. Bluetooth must be enabled in order to sync your tracker to your iOS device. 
3. Restart your tracker by follow the steps in this thread
4. After your tracker has restarted, reboot your iOS device. 
5. Open the Fitbit app, tap "Join Fitbit,” and then proceed through the setup process. 

Hope this helps, keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer