Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Connecting”

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I am doing an exercise, my Fitbit won’t connect to my iPhone unless the Fitbit app is open. When the app is not open, my Fitbit says “connecting”, but will not connect while the app is closed. Is this normal, or is the Fitbit supposed to “connect” while the Fitbit app is closed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Chase19  Have you tried to enable “All DaySync”? Here’s how you can do this. Open your Fitbit App and tap your profile picture on the upper left side of your screen then scroll to the name of your device and tap it. (Example Alta, Versa etc) Once you tap your Fitbit name then scroll to the bottom and ensure your “All Day Sync” is enable and showing in green. Also it depends on how far away you are from your device while exercising. 

I hope this is an accepted solution to your question. Please let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. All day sync is on and the phone is in my pocket. It still doesn’t connect. I also deleted and downloaded the Fitbit app. I turned off and restarted the phone and the Fitbit. It still won’t connect.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chase19  When you said “when your app is closed” in your first post do you mean signed of the app? Lets try removing the “All Day Sync” and see if that resolves the issue  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I mean that I flip the app up so it disappears from my screen.
I removed all day sync. No change.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would assume that this is normal behavior since your device is closed. (It’s really hard for me to tell with 100% certainty because when my device is closed I can’t see if it’s counting steps/exercises until I reopen the app and it instantly syncs and presents me with my new totals) I do know that your Fitbit will hold up to seven days of data without syncing. What matters is once you do your exercise and your done do you see a new progress?  Hopefully this provides you with an acceptable answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh @Chase19 

I just saw where you said you “flip up” the app or better known as swipe up. Yes this is very acceptable behavior because when you swipe up you are technically force shutting the app. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes