Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistant Location access and Bluetooth sharing message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why over the last few days am I consistantly being shown this message when I open the FitBit App.

I have NOT changed any settings on phone or App recently. But every other time I open it i Get the display asking me to change Location Access & Bluetooth Sharing.

So it wants me to allow GPS to always on which will drain the battery of phone, or Charge 4.

Is this a new feature by the new Owners GOOGLE to track people and then push local based adverts?????

I do not want to set GPS to always on.

How can I stop this very iritating message from showing everytime I open app, without doing what it wants?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

No response from support i see.

Best Answer

Yes, they need to give a solution to this. It is getting to be extremely annoying! When I respond by saying  "No Thanks", that should actually mean NO THANKS, not "don’t worry, we’ll just bug you about this again the next time you open the app!"

FitBit Help, PLEASE suggest a fix for this. 

Best Answer

Agreed, this is so annoying.  Just make it a setting you can enable or disable, but enough with the constant messages! 

Best Answer

I guess google needs to track how many times we go to the bathroom 

Best Answer

Bluetooth & Location sharing is actually necessary for the bluetooth to sync your device, that doesn't mean it activates the GPS.

So if you are being asked to activate again the function is in order to sync your tracker with your app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not required to be set to "ALWAYS", as the nagging message implies. My tracker syncs just fine when I open the app. But I still get this annoying message to change my setting to ALWAYS. Even after I answer NO THANKS several times a day.

F83473A5-DB61-46AE-87F7-C271F2E85542.jpeg

Best Answer

Big Brother is watching!!

I have tried everything in my limited skills to get this stopped!!!  It is a MAJOR annoyance, and not a positive way to market your product by irritating your customers.  It isn't even an advertizement, it is just pestering.  No one likes to be pestered!!   I do not want my location tracked.  I do not want that dang pop up.  FIT BIT DO BETTER!! Or Garmin awaits. . .

Best Answer

Logged a tech support call with Apple and they say it is a problem with the Fitbit app.

Seems reasonable as the problem doesn't affect other apps on the phone or iPad.

Reached out to Fitbit support and a spectacularly unhelpful "Agent Karen P" 

repeatedly blamed the Apple iOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For a while it looked like it was down to maybe one or two occurrences (per day) of this annoying pop-up message, but recently it has ramped up again, so that it now shows up *Every.Single.Time* that I open the app, even if I only navigate away for a second.  
**FITBIT TECH SUPPORT and software engineers: PLEASE reply with a SOLUTION to this nagging problem before we all get fed up and go Garmin on ya! I believe you guys are getting paid to find solutions to this sort of thing, not blame everything on iOS. It’s not cool to pass the buck. Thanks 🙏 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked with FitBit support, and it appears the SOLUTION is to never "hard close" the app, but just leave it always running in the background. I have mine set up with permission to use data (not just operating on WiFi only), so that the program doesn’t lose connectivity with the watch. So far no more Bluetooth reminders have shown up. 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes