Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant prompt for location settings when set to Never

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. 

This problem keeps happening to me and I have followed all the advice in this forum but it’s still not resolved. 

I have a trial subscription to premium and all it’s serving to do is make me want to ditch my Fitbit as the company  obviously doesn’t respect my privacy wishes. 

please let me know how to resolve this otherwise my Fitbit is going on eBay.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Madlawzy. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about the constant request for location services, and for the steps tried on your own. I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced. To work on this together, does this happen when going to a specific tile, such as exercise? May I know your phone's model and OS version? Could you also take a screenshot of the prompt and attach it in your reply as described here?

While you've tried working on this, I'd recommend to give a try to the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated in your iPhone.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app. For details, see this article.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, log back in to your account and use it as you normally do.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

Weirdly this issue plagued me for weeks and then one day just stopped happening. I presumed an update had been sent out as I’m now not getting any annoying pop ups. 

Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated.

Best Answer

Hi @Madlawzy. I'm glad to see you here again.

You're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me updated. I'm glad that you're having a good experience with the Fitbit app. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes