Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Heart Rate not displayed in IOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It appears that after the ios update to 11.1.2 the heart rate on my iphone doesn't transfer.  My charge 2 will show the heart rate but when I open the app on my iphone it is a blank (- -).

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please try the following in the Fitbit app:

- Update the Fitbit app if you haven't (go to Account > Help to get the version, the latest is 2.43[730])

- Update the iOS on your phone (the latest is 11.0.3)

- Enable All-day Sync by going to Account > Charge 2 > All-day Sync.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this has been an issue for several weeks now.  Was hoping today's update would correct it, but it did not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MaryVE, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I'm sorry  for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed to find that today's iOs update, version 2.44, still hasn't corrected this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit - 

What is the current exposure of this issue?

Meaning, is the issue (okay, we are all grownups here - the bug) isolated to the Charge 2 or does it affect any of the other three devices your are currently offering? I suspect it is isolated but would like to know.

As you can see below, I have an Alta HR, and have yet to upgrade my iPhone. Is it safe for me to upgrade and still get HR displayed, or should I wait?

While I have a particular reason for wanting the HR display to continue (I had an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)) "installed" a little over a month ago, I'm sure all of the others would not have spent the extra money for a HR enabled device if it wasn't important to them.

And having the app display it in real time beats double-tapping the device whenever I want to know my heart rate. And a lot less intrusive to all those around me.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Another day, another Fitbit app iOS update, version 2.44.1, and issue is not resolved with this update either.
Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MaryVE - 

I am going to play "name dropper" here, but I have been quite patient, withholding posting for three days and have delayed taking updates because of this issue.

Maybe @KateFitbit@LanuzaFitbit@SantiR or @MariamV can chime in on this issue? I have always found them to be good souls.

What do you say ladies and gentlemen:

1. Is this isolated to the Charge 2 or does it affect all HR equipped devices?
  2. Is it truly being looked into? And if so, has your project team leaders pinned the fix to a release, assuming your developers have identified a fix? 

Question number 1 is very important to me as I mentioned in my previous post. And question number 2 is important to all.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv this is not isolated to Charge 2 as I know of but a bug associated with the iOS. I can assure you this is truly being looked into, but unfortunately, do not have a timeline for a fix. 

One thing to note, we've seen that syncing with two devices that have similar operating systems can cause this issue. 

In addition, we have received some reports that heart rate was restored by clearing cache. Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.

After this is done restart the app and check the heart rate tile for any changes. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit - 

That you for your quick reply.

Maybe after my follow-up with my cardio-surgeon in a month when they perform the next data download from my ICD, I won't be as concerned about the heart rate display.

In the meantime, I'll wait until I "have to" to take the iOS update and depend on the device display after that if need be.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried your suggestion Ke but still no HR shown. You mentioned "they" are working on this problem back on 12-22. Any further info as of today?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit - 

wrote:

@MrMarv this is not isolated to Charge 2 as I know of but a bug associated with the iOS. I can assure you this is truly being looked into, but unfortunately, do not have a timeline for a fix. 

Is this fixed in the newest release? Can I update iOS now.

I'm sorry to ask, but all you guys are saying is "We fixed some bugs and made performance improvements."

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ezmark Can you tell me what you see on your app for the heart rate tile? 

@MrMarv This issue occurred to a few users usually with multiple trackers paired and more commonly with Android devices. I would say you can confidently update without fear that you will lose real-time heart rate data on the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit - 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I see an outline of a heart in red, --- bpm, 64 bpm resting. Hope this will help you get my real time heart rate re-established. Thank you. Mark

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes