Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting off numbers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

37794809-EEA0-43FA-9C46-412ACBAF05DF.png

The cardio fitness does not display the whole number/range anymore. It is just one place after the decimal. I also have issues with the view when logging a run. Will these be fixed? I’ve loved Fitbit but these issues the last 6 months-1 year make me question if I should switch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@RachMorley -

That black bar at the bottom looks like a scroll bar indicator - as in the screen in not sized-to-fit and you need to scroll left to see the rest of the range numbers. My screen does not show that indicator and the range numbers are not truncated.

Also, your image shows you in landscape mode. is the display truncated in portrait mode, as well?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it is in portrait mode as well. The bar at the bottom is part of iOS
landscape and is not actually a scroll bar. Here is a screenshot of
portrait mode
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting...

Here is mine on my iPhone 8 with no "scroll bar looking graphic". <<edit>>My wife is out or I'd ask her to show me this screen on her iPhone X Duh! she has an Alta, so no cardio score!<</edit>>. Since there is no reason to doubt you, it looks like FitBit got the scaling wrong, especially with it also being truncated in portrait mode - though your portrait image didn't post. Do you have similar issues with other graphics in the mobile app?

IMG_0343.PNG

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

09FEEC27-EFD0-45D0-AEBB-3BC9FF5ACC16.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

D03B0B83-415E-4B0B-A723-1453C9C8C7D7.png

 trying again here! I have the Alta HR, it definitely used to work the right way. I’m not sure what has changed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RachMorley -

While the edit exercise screen shows some ugliness, when I take a longer look at the Cardio-Fitness score pages I don't think they are chopped at all.

The scale at the bottom runs from .1 to .5 to .7 and an unstated .9

The ranges across from the labels are <.0, .0 -. 1, .1 - .5, .5 - .7, .7 - .9 and > .9 and are consistent with the scale at the bottom.

Unlike the "scoring system" for me that ranges from 23.4 to > 38.7, yours never makes it to "one".

Maybe the numbers are messed up, and my limited research say they are, but the charts appear to be consistent with those numbers and not "cut off".

Can we say "Weird"? And no, I am not trying to trivialize the issue.

Of course, I'm a "guy" (ok, an old guy) and you are a girl young enough to be my daughter, but are those two criteria enough to make your scoring system so much different than mine?

In the meantime, I suppose the correct question is "Are the reported cardio fitness score ranges for you messed up?"

I hope a female poster can come in and give us some insight into this. Ladies???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here are the right numbers. It seems to be working today at least! I say
cutting off only because I wasn’t sure what else to call it haha. You are
right in that it does seem to show “all”, but when compared to the actual
ranges it seems “cut off”.

Here’s to hoping the fix sticks! Thank you for your input
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes