Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Goal Step Personal Best Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello,
My Daily Step Goal Personal Best is not updating on the app on my phone. It doesn't update when I have beaten my best. For example, I just hit over 12,000 steps for my Daily Step Goal for the first time, but it did not update my Personal Best. Please advise. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bbaker1206, welcome aboard to our community. I would like to ask if you can share some screenshots with me. So far as I know the only place where the personal best is displayed is on your web-based Dashboard. The mobile app will only tell you if you have reach your daily goal. But perhaps I have the wrong idea so with a screenshot, I can suggest an idea to fix this issue. In the meantime, since this is related to the app, I will guess and it might be possible a delay to load your data, so the best here is to restart the app:

1. Log out from your Fitbit account and double tap the home button on your device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around to share more tips with you.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Bbaker1206, welcome aboard to our community. I would like to ask if you can share some screenshots with me. So far as I know the only place where the personal best is displayed is on your web-based Dashboard. The mobile app will only tell you if you have reach your daily goal. But perhaps I have the wrong idea so with a screenshot, I can suggest an idea to fix this issue. In the meantime, since this is related to the app, I will guess and it might be possible a delay to load your data, so the best here is to restart the app:

1. Log out from your Fitbit account and double tap the home button on your device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around to share more tips with you.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app doesn't show my Daily Step Goal and Personal Best even after I have beaten previous steps. I did what was adviced and logged out of the app and log back right in, still wouldn't update. This has been going on for a few days. Thank you.
Best Answer

Done the same. Nothing happens. Still not getting personal best trophies =(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @nypt76 and @_CrazyCat. Thank you for letting me know the previous steps did not worked to resolved this issue you are experiencing.

Regard the personal best trophies within a challenge, note this is an issue happening with a random group of users. Nonetheless our engineering teams are working to fix this problem and soon is possible in the future is released a new update for the Fitbit app to address this issue.

@nypt76 is been a while since you posted About Daily Step Goal, and at the moment there is no issue about this so I wonder how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting?

If you have more questions you can find me here and I will let you know if I have more updates about this issue.

Best Answer

@RobertoME I just noticed that the personal best update doesn't work for Daily Showdown only, but works like normal for the other challenges.

Any progress on fixing this problem from the engineering teams?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @_CrazyCat, thank you for let me know the personal best is working for other challenges. I will pass this details to our teams working on this glitch, since this is useful information.

I haven't received  more updates regarding this glitch. Although it seems it has been isolated, since I was looking other scenarios and there are no more reports related to this issue; but I still cannot confirm it has been resolved.

I will investigate further this matter and I appreciate all your patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am also experiencing this. My personal best trophy is showing a step count from January 2017 (around 11,100 steps). I have done a number of challenges since and have exceeded this count on a number of occasions but this trophy does not up date. Is this still being worked on?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @KB2016, welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community. There is a dedicated thread for this bug to maintain our Community organized. Our teams still is working on this and I appreciate your all your patience. For more details please visit the following post to see the latest updates.

See you around and thank you for bring this to my attention.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jan8, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums. As this thread is a bit old, I would like to ask you for more details about this situation along with screenshots that will help us check this further and determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I entered a goal day challenge and a daily show down challenge. I beat my
personal best for these the second time I did them (i checked what I needed
to beat before i started) but I have not gotten my trophy for them. I have
attached a screen shot

Kind Regards,

Janine Becker
Best Answer

Hi Marco,

The thread might be old, but the issue has not gone away. My personal best in the Goal Day challenge shows as 11165 steps from 27 January 2016.  However, I regularly do over 12000 steps a day and have done over 18000 steps on a couple of occasions, but none of these have been recorded.Fitbit 2.JPG

Fitbit.JPG

I was told this was being looked into last year, but nothing seems to have been done.  I had given it up as a lost cause,bit would appreciate it if it could be looked into and even better if it could be fixed.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hello @Jan8 and @KB2016, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Jan8, I appreciate you have taken the time to provide more details about this situation. As @KB2016 mentioned this is an issue that's affecting these specific challenges. Our team is currently aware of the situation and is working towards a resolution.

@KB2016, I understand your concern about this issue not being resolved yet but please note that some issues take longer than expected to be resolved. Once we have more information to share with you, we'll make sure to post it here in the Official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes