Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily distance not syncing correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is an issue with the syncing of kms covered in a day. Inspite of waking and jogging for 2 hours or more the kms covered shows only 4-5 kms instead of 18-20 kms. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @SapnaB, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tell me, which tracker are you currently using? Is your tracker auto-detecting your exercise or are you starting an exercise from it? Would it be possible for you to reply to me with screenshots of your Dashboard where the distance is showing and screenshots from your exercises? That will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Any other details and screenshots will be helpful as well, thanks for your patience and understanding. I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

Many thanks for your reply. I’m using the Flex 2 and the sync problem started since last few days. Upto the first week of August the sync was working well.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone as well as logged in and out too the app but to no avail. Please see attached several screen shots from pre and post sync issues so that you get a clear understanding of the issue. 

Will look forward to your revert.

Thanks. 

D2DC5A8D-5864-41A0-9181-3932921BAC9A.png

0902AB91-5291-4E62-908B-B4141BED2AF2.png

C65B3894-8344-4D84-B6EF-619D36CCC11C.png

AAF98A0B-979D-46C1-A026-D9A1EE77B78A.png

5AF1C0EC-DEE5-46B0-AB2E-681327A9D7BD.png

22D269B6-A1FE-4A6A-9E1F-191209F77C5C.png

UPDATE:

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

Is there any update on the kms sync issue? I’m still facing the same problem and the app isn’t displaying the kms covered by me.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SapnaB, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide me some screenshots related to your issue. 

At this moment I will forward this information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

I appreciate you have sent many screenshots as they will be very helpful. 

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Marco,

I hope you’re doing well. I was wondering if you have managed to resolve this issue that I’m facing? My Fitbit watch still isn’t syncing in the distance I walk accurately as a result of which I was disqualified from a steps challenge in my organisation. The steps covered by me don’t match the kms covered by me and therefore my steps weren’t taken into account!

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SapnaB, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for coming back to us. At this moment I still don't have an update about this issue, however I would like to suggest you to check your stride length and adjust it in case you need it, this might help you get a better distance reading in the Fitbit app. Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. By default, we calculate your stride length using your height and sex. As your distance measurement seems inaccurate, follow the steps below to calculate your stride length and then add it to your Fitbit account.

To measure your walking stride length:

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk. Now, in order to change it in the Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Stride Length.
  4. Adjust your stride length.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for your reply. I reset my strides distance and the kms tracking is back to normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SapnaB, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm very glad to know your issue has been resolved after resetting your stride length. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes