Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard and challenges steps are different.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is the steps in my dashboard more then the steps on my steps showing up on my challenge boards

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Tracy1961  Could be perhaps because the challenge was started in a different timezone than you are in.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tracy1961, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around too @Kmransom123 Smiley Happy

@Tracy1961 adding to what @Kmransom123 mentioned, below are possible reasons why your step count in the Dashboard is different from the steps you're seeing on your Challenges:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

We also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a fairly common problem but strangely enough, not one that is easily replicated so fitbit offers no solution beyond their canned 4 step response.

Best Answer
0 Votes