Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta unable to pair with iPhone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently updated from a flex which worked perfectly for 2 years. I've been trying to get my new Alta set up for about 4 weeks now without success. I've  followed all the instructions and  restarted it Many times without success. It won't sync to my iPhone and when I try to update it it connects but then nothing. I'm so frustrated with it 😡

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I had this issue. I did 2 things, not sure which fixed.

1. I upgraded iOS on my iphone. There was an update
2. I synced my fitbit to my android device. This pushed an update to the fitbit. It also meant the fitbit was associated with my account. Then when i tried to sync it to my iphone it worked.

I suspect it was the latter. Good luck

PS I think the response from fitbit on this is really poor, they should be aware of issues like this and have documentation for how to fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Kevin, my IOS is up to date and i've tried to update my tracker many times and its just not working. It connects then nothing. Thanks for your message. Ive gone back to my old flex. My Alta was a waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Melisa142, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Thanks for joining the conversation as well @kevinmmcdonnell, I appreciate your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Melisa142, as you have already tried to restart your Alta already I would like to suggest the following when trying to set up your tracker as a new device:

• Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around when trying to set up.
  • Update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, remove any Fitbit tracker showing in the list of paired devices, then restart your phone. 
  • Restart your Alta one more time, only this time, leave it plugged in and charging. 

After checking this list, please try to set up your tracker as a new device, please do not let the phone lock itself while the set up process is on the way. If it's still not setting up, uninstall and reinstall the app and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes