Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard never stays the same.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The dashboard on the app never stays the same and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I want to get it back to how it was when I first downloaded the app. I have already had trouble syncing....I'm already about to return this thing and I have only had it on my wrist for 5 hours.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @jessgordy, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for bringing this to my attention. First, when you mention the dashboard never stays the same, what do you mean exactly? The tiles? The information on them? Would it be possible for you to reply to me with more details about this issue and screenshots so I can check this further?

Now, when it comes to your Fitbit device not syncing, which one are you currently using? Have you restarted it already? If so, I would like to suggest you the following troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard did not have the heart rate tile or sleep tile available. I had to do a complete factory reset to get that back. That also fixed my sync problem until today. Again, I have sync issues. Three times in four days is not a great track record. And no, I will not be doing a factory reset every time I want my phone to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just know evrtime the app updates you have to go through hoops to get it to keep syncing to the app. With the latest updateI am still not syncing except doing everything twice a day. I have given up on it because who has time for this. It is a good product but follow through stinks and the constant removing the app, resetting the device, constant pairing, and connecting to the pc in the order given is annoying. I would have upgraded my Charge2 to the 3 but will get the Apple Watch instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lvira10, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @jessgordy, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this and let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed here additionally to other steps you've tried as well. Please note that usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

Now, if you're still having trouble syncing your Fitbit device, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync so your phone and your tracker or watch can maintain a constant communication and even sync in the background (as long as the Fitbit app is running in the background as well). Don't worry, it has been tested and verified that All-day Sync will not drain the battery on your phone or device faster than usual. 

To enable All-day Sync, please tap on Account > Your Device and scroll down to enable All-day Sync. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit is always on all day sucks. Additionally when i try to add my device it can’t find my phone and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jessgordy, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes