Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when setting up Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I want to set up my Alta HR to my  iPhone. I got the four numbers to set up but then occured the Error 500. I tried everything. Someone who can help me? 

Ebe

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @eebs1. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems setting up your Alta HR and thanks a lot for all you've tried to get your tracker to pair.

At the moment, it seems that our team is aware of this error affecting users trying to set up their trackers to iOS devices. We're working to get this resolves as soon as possible as this just came up a few days ago but in the meantime, you could try setting up your tracker on a different device that is compatible (note that this is just to complete the setup process, once you've set your tracker up with another device, you can attempt to force quit your Fitbit app on your iPhone, open it again and see if your tracker appears as paired and syncs to your iPhone)

Also giving your tracker a restart would help. You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Just be sure that if you use another device for syncing, you go into the devices's Bluetooth settings and here, look for the Alta HR, tap on it and hit the "Forget this device" option to make sure you're not getting notifications from this other device to your phone. To enable notifications on your iPhone, tap on the Alta HR icon at the top left corner, then go to Notifications and enable them.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else, I'm here to help!

Ps. I'm moving your post to the iOS board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this still an issue? I bought an Fitbit today and also got the same error.

it also doesn’t work on my macbookair.

Tried all you mentioned above..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new Alta HR - I'm getting the same 500 error message and can't link my fitbit to my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues syncing my fitbit.  my wife purchased it for herself and then decided to let me have it after having it synced to her phone for a couple days. we've disconnected it from her Bluetooth and her phone completely, and yet I am still unable to sync it to my phone and fitbit account.  we get so far as to enter the 4 digit code in the set up process and then we receive the error 500 alert.  we've restarted the tracker, disconnected and reconnected the Bluetooth, re-downloaded the app, everything we can think of. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

im also suffering from this error! I bought a second hand Charge 2, and can not get it to sync with my phone. I have gone through numerous steps as mentioned before, all software is up to date . I have noted that this problem has been happening for up to 6months based on other forums and messages. I have phoned the help line 5 days ago, they were unable to help and notified that they have escalated my request for help, but yet still no response. Based on other previous same issues, the way to resolve it is for Fitbit to completely delete your account, and then open a new account. And this appears to solve the issue, can you please advise if this works. Also I have been told that error 500, is an internal server issue, and nothing to do with the phone or tracker, but the Fitbit account itself. 

Looking forward to your reply, I’ve had this Fitbit for 2 weeks now, and effectively it is totally useless 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My original Alta stopped working, my husband doesn't use his so I wanted to repurpose to my account.  I deleted the Alta bluetooth pairing on his phone, deleted his fitbit account, removed my old Alta from Bluetooth pairing and took it off my fitbit app, deleted my fitbit app for 24 hours and readded, waited 48 hours after deleting my husbands fitbit account, restarted the Alta by pressing the charging cable button 3 times with pauses in between to force the restart and still nothing seems to work.  I keep getting the 500 error.  I get to the point where I can enter the 4 digit number and then it 500 errors out. Any progress on how to overcome the 500 error message, it seems to be a frequent and common issue within the fitbit community.  I've seen threads going years back re: the same issue.  Surely there is a standard fix for this by now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

pushing three months now, and this is still and issue. i’ve updated everything, restored everything, reset everything, and completed every step on this page. why haven’t you fixed this?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased a Fitbit Alta HR and are unable to pair to the owners iPhone.  Just attempted to pair it to another iPhone and that won't work either.  Both phones are receiving the Error 500 code. Please advise on how to resolve.  

UPDATE:

We are having the same issue with a Fitbit purchased today.  Did you ever get a response on how to resolve?  Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DJB2014, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to report this to us. Tell me, the Alta HR you have just purchased, was it paired to a different account? Was this account deleted recently? If so, you will need to wait from 24 to 72 for the account and its data to be completely deleted before pairing the Alta HR again to a new account. I understand your concern and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes