Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard steps not syncing with challenge steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My starting steps this morning in the challenge was 28k and now at the end of the day my fan shows I took over 23k steps but the challenge shows I only have 31k steps. I should have 51k steps. I’ve force shut the app on my phone, restarted my phone and my fitbit charge 3 and it still isn’t syncing up. Is there another way to try to get it to sync up? Is there a reason why it isn’t syncing up?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Kzdrok. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for letting me know that your steps aren't syncing with your challenge. I understand how important is to keep your data updated and let me help you out. As you may know, there are some factors that may affect your overall steps count:

• Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your Charge 3 are counted toward challenges. 
  • You used MobileRun or a third party app instead of the actual tracker.
  • All challenge participants are not in the same time zone.
  • There is a pending update for either your Charge 3 or the Fitbit app in your phone.

If those conditions don't apply to you, I'd recommend you to try the following:

1. Remove your Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Reboot your phone one more time.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and sync your device.
  4. Tap on your profile icon > tracker's image and make sure the "All day sync" option is enabled.
  5. Tap on Today and verify if your data is updated in your challenge.

We also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. If you have issues to sync, you can refer to this help article.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem. I’m using a Versa 1 On an iPhone 10S. I followed the steps above and my challenge steps are still out of sync with my actual steps. I didn’t use mobile run or log anything manually. 

The challenge matched my actual steps until around 8pm last evening. After my last sync about 1000 steps were missing. I didn’t change any settings in the app or on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Did you resolve this issue.  I’m having the same problem.  My challenges say I synced 1 day ago but everything else is up to date 

Best Answer
0 Votes