Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard steps vs challenge steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am in a challenge this week and after an hour on the treadmill I'm at 9000 steps for the day. The challenge page shows that. On my dashboard it only shows 4400. I know the challenge is probably right as I went 4 miles. I'm wondering if this is a setting I have to change or what? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Amnash7 A warm welcome to the Community! I would like you to check this iOS Challenges Explained posted by @DerrickS. There are some reasons why you're going to get a difference between your Dashboard and app. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit can you offer some additional assistance? I haven't manually tracked any steps. The only steps on my dashboard are from wearing my ChargeHR. But I'm seeing significant discrepancies between several of the challenges I'm in. I've followed all of the steps in the help including several restarts and nothing is resolved.

I was told that if my Charge HR auto tracks my steps as an activity, that they won't count for challenges. I don't understand why if I walk on a treadmill to reach my step goal, that these steps wouldn't count towards a challenge. Isn't that the entire point? To challenge each other to get up and exercise? I'm also very confused as to how one of my challenges (the one in my timezone) would count these steps but my other 3 didn't (1 in a later time zone and 2 in an earlier time zone recording the exact same steps). What am I missing here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reetreet98 I think I can provide some additional clarification. Man Happy

Keep in mind that Challenges begin and end in the Challenge creators timezone, so if you are in a different timezone than the Challenge creator, you will see a step discrepancy between your dashboard and Challenge steps.

Also, manually logged activities and activities logged via 3rd party apps do not count towards Challenges, but exercises that are tracked using SmartTrack won't affect Challenges. Click here for more details.

Hope this clears everything up!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
@DerrickS actually that confuses me more. Because my challenge on Pacific time and eastern time have the same number of steps. But the challenge on central time has 7000 more steps.

You're saying that exercises tracked using SmartTrack won't affect challenges but the customer support rep said those steps aren't included in challenges. So now I'm more confused.
Best Answer
0 Votes