Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from trackers seems to sync erratically.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 2, my wife has a Flex 2. We both have the app on our iPhones as well as Windows 10 laptop & desktop. Activity tracking is usually pretty consistent, but every now and then things get way off. For example: today we both took a walk (same distance and speed). She got 48 minutes I got 26 minutes (activity, as reported in our iOS 10 dashboards). When I log into the Fitbit web site (Win 10 desktop, MS Edge) my dashboard shows 47 minutes. Quite a few times (on other days, not today) my activity doesn't update when my steps or other dashboard items update. I have even had MANY steps (like over 40) added for apparently no reason (although I suspect it just took several hours to update). Does the dashboard update ALL (steps/floors/calories/minutes/etc.) at the same time, or do some items take a different path (maybe different servers?)? Sometimes either my wife or my steps or activity are just "lost" never to be logged. One day we took a long walk - she logged 2 miles, I logged like 1.5 miles. I could watch my step count stop, and then later start back up. On that occasion my steps continually counted on my Charge 2 but stopped and started on the iPhone app. I don't think it was an iPhone connectivity issue as we were both in the same area and both had iPhones. Any ideas? Thanx.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @MikeyChris, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that in some cases, the data synced from the trackers to your account will automatically be reflected in your online Dashboard but it might take up to 15 minutes to show up correctly in the app. Nevertheless, if you're able to see the correct data in the online Dashboard but not the app, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app, then open the app again. If this doesn't seem to work at first:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try next time and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanx for the reply. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have been rebuilding a fence and have had no time for much else.In any case, I have "rebooted" the Charge2 a few times to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately those tests were inconclusive because the "issue" only shows very intermittently (with no obvious trigger). As an engineer that has spent much of my life tracking down elusive problems, I realize how difficult it is to troubleshoot via conversation.

I guess I was just checking to see if this is a fairly common thing among other users. I have another question about "active minutes" but I will post that as a separate message. Thanx again.

Best Answer

One last question on this thread. In my original post I asked if different items (such as activity or steps or whatever) update at different times. For example, I notice quite often my steps syncs almost immediately (when I manually pull down the screen on the phone app) while other things (most notably active minutes/exercise, but also weight from the Aria 2 and hourly steps) often take much longer to update/sync. Why is this? Thanx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeyChris, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I was checking this situation with our team and it seems this is currently an issue, don't worry, our team is working on resolving this situation as soon as possible.

If your tracker has successfully synced,  please check back later today or tomorrow for the updates to your data as it might take a while for all the information to update correctly. We hope to have this resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes