Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time affecting RTM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/7/16: Hi Community, there have been reports of Daylight Savings Time affecting Reminders to Move goals. We are looking into the issue and will update you when there's anything to report.

For now, I suggest turning off the feature if you don't want the Reminders to Move to buzz outside of the timeframe you've set. I'll let you know when I have any updates!

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37
My Fitbit charge hr updated the time on my wrist but my sleep is pushed back an hour too far. It also pushed back my hourly activity settings and will not let me change it back no matter what I do. When I try to fix those it makes it worse and changed the times to whatever it wanted. My time zone is set correctly. I checked repeatedly. It seems this was a problem in Spring but I did not have it. When will it be fixed this time?
Best Answer
Me too have the same issue on app
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Brand new Alta,
Best Answer
0 Votes

It screwed up my sleep time as well (10:12PM to 2:07AM shows as 4hr 31min.)

I also had a 35 minute workout this morning and it slowly got deleted over time. I could see that it was logged in the iOS app after the workout. About 20 minutes later it showed up as 15 minutes. I did a manual sync and it went down to 13 minutes. An hour later and it was gone. My steps, distance and calories burned are still there, though.

Best Answer

I had all kinds of issues last week when in Europe we changed our clocks back.  I posted on the forum.  Long story short, do nothing! After 24 hours things were improving and after 36 hours everything seemed back to normal.  Have had no problems since.

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit,

Please correct your time in hourly activity to sync with Daylight Saving Time (United States) 2016 (began at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 13 and ended at 2:00 AM on Sunday, November 6). Right now it says "from 8 AM to 4 PM" instead of "from 9 AM to 5 PM" like it used to. When I tried to change it back, I lost my first hour activity of the day! PLease do this ASAP so that I could make my hourly activity everyday.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Mines the same way, if I try and change the hours it keeps reverting back and I lost an hour of steps.

Best Answer

This happened to me today as well! I have the Charge 2, and my sleep time and hourly reminders aren't showing up correctly either, even though I tried to fix them. It's also saying I've done 11,000 steps and 5 miles when I definitely haven't gotten there yet. Fitbit, help!

Best Answer

I have the same issue. The time on my charge HR is correct but the steps and the "time" listed on the app is off. I attempt to do the 250 steps an hour and this is completely wrong.

@Bellaluna1213 wrote:
My Fitbit charge hr updated the time on my wrist but my sleep is pushed back an hour too far. It also pushed back my hourly activity settings and will not let me change it back no matter what I do. When I try to fix those it makes it worse and changed the times to whatever it wanted. My time zone is set correctly. I checked repeatedly. It seems this was a problem in Spring but I did not have it. When will it be fixed this time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My time changed but all my steps etc carried over from yesterday

Best Answer
Same issue here. It shows an hour short on sleep and I'm having the exact same problem with hourly activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex two is doing exactly the same thing following Day Light Savings....it lost an hour and I cannot reset it to the original activity goal I had before Day Light Savings. It used to track for 10 hours from 9 am to 7 pm. It has lost an hour and will only track from 8 am to 4 pm and I cannot set it to the original time frame I had before the Daylight Savings Time change.

Best Answer

I guess I lucked out.  I couldn't sleep last night and was doing some steps (might as well).  I did a bunch from 1:30-1:55 and then decided I should stop and wait until the time change.  I synced just before and just after and I don't see any issues (and the steps stayed).  It's definitely not a plan I want to make for next year though.  Woman Tongue

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The time in my ChargeHR did not change with Daylight Savings. It won't t me change it. Please help. Also what is the correct version now. Mine shows 122, is that right?
Best Answer
It is off on my tracker and the app dashboard please advise.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep...mine did the same thing and will not let me change it back to 9:00 to 6:00 pm. Annoying!

Best Answer

Time change messed up the steps per hour! No matter how many times I try to set it back to my normal hours, it reverts back to another set of start/stop times.  How do we fix this, Fitbit? Thanks!

Best Answer

Everything is fine with mine except sleep and the 250 step thing. (Which I wish was optional without having to *hide*. Or let us change it per day)

Best Answer
0 Votes