Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Days of exercise not updating on Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've worked out for at least 30 minutes 3x this week (Sunday, Wednesday, & Today). Yesterday (Wed.) I noticed that it Sundays exercise didn't show up on my dashboard so I manually entered it. I have it setup as a goal to exercise 5 days a week, so it's the little pentagon shape that darkens in as I workout each time. Tonight, I noticed last night's exercise didn't show up, so I manually entered it. After tonight's workout, I'm noticing it hasn't shown up.... what's the deal??  It shows my minutes of activity correctly, but it's just not filling in on the pentagon shape on my dashboard. This problem just started last week - before that it has always worked correctly. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @JMHutt2012, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our team is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, to refresh the information from the app so your exercises show up, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I too am having the same issue. I feel like my app is not giving me credit for the number of days I performed moderate activity. It is registering the minutes, steps, distance, etc; however, it is not updating the days of exercise properly. I did log out, restart my iPhone and log back in and the issue persists. 

Best Answer

Hello @donttreadonmetx, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to see new faces around. 

Thank you for letting me know about the steps you've performed in order to refresh the information displayed on your exercise list. As mentioned above, our team is aware about this issue and is working towards a prompt and proper resolution. I understand how this issue is affecting you and I apologize for the inconveniences caused by it. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. All parameters are updating except days. Quite frankly, I have just about had enough of the frustrating glitches this product has regularly had. Think I'll find a product made by a different manufacturer.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Hello @Philth22, thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about this bug that's affecting the way the information is displayed in the app. Although I don't currently have a specific timeframe for when this issue will be solved, please keep in mind that our development team is always working to solve any bug as soon as possible to improve the experience of the app. 

I appreciate your insight and feedback, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto that. Just started this week, as of Wed. VERY FRUSTRATING, especially when I did all the things you've listed in troubleshooting. Mine is barely a year old.

Best Answer

If you have a VPN it wont work with synching. I turned the VPN off and wahlah! everything is synched.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem as well. I have to enter into the exercise button and start my workout that way to record. When i go for a walk, around the block, the store, etc it doesn't automatically record like it used to. It will tell me the active minutes but it won't show up on the exercise portion. I have disconnected the Fitbit, turned my phone off, restarted, and everything else I can do. I hadn't worn my Fitbit in about 4 months and before it was working completely fine. 

Best Answer

Hello @Simplyanne69 and @MelanieH2009, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know you're also experiencing this situation. Our team is aware of this situation and is working on it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As this was an old issue from 2017,  I'm closing this thread. I've moved new reports here. If you are experiencing this issue please check out that link for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer