Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Days of missing data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I use Mobile Sync to count steps using my iPhone and log them with FitBit. More and more often, if there is a day that I do not log into the app, it logs zero steps, or if I do it will log only some steps (for example last week I had 18,000 steps in the Health app, 15,000 in FitBit). What can I do to fill in the missing data?
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @Danbearpig! It seems that you're using MobileTrack. 

So, MobileTrack low-power step sensors inside your phone monitor your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. Once, you're logged into your Fitbit app and set up MobileTrack, your phone tracks your steps regardless of whether you're logged into the app. Log in to the app when you want to see your progress.

Even if you're not logged into your app, it should track your steps. However, Health app won't sync steps to Fitbit. You may want to vote for this idea Integrate with iOS Health

Alternative solution: For the days that you don't user your app for any reason. You can manually log activities in your app such as walking or running and this will post your steps in your Dashboard. 

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" if you haven't worked out today.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner > tap log
  3. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type
  4. Adjust the activity details and tap Add

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem as this. Today I walked 2.5 miles with my dog and it's showing up. Yesterday I walked 4 miles but it says zero. It hasn't counted steps either. When I scroll back through the days most read zero.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Optiplex! This is pretty weird. Please try doing this procedure: 

1. Log out from your account and double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and try again.

Additionally, please answer the following: is this the first time you're getting this? Did you receive any error yesterday? 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Silvia,

I have this problem all the time where I log into the Fitbit app, but it logs some days as 0 even though I have been tracking steps with my Apple Watch. 

It just happened again right now for yesterday. It synced the steps for midnight to 12:30 am, but it gave me 0 steps for the day that just ended. I followed your suggestion to logout and kill the app. After doing this and logging back in, it DID sync the steps from today.  

I'm giving you this information in hopes that this can help the Fitbit team fix this frustrating problem. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Redhawkman13! Fitbit won't sync with Apple Watch so, if there are days where you just use Apple Watch those steps won't toward Fitbit. 

Thanks for the tip about logging out from the app to get your steps showing. In case, you're having syncing issues with your tracker this is the syncing procedure you should follow. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. Have a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone fed from a Charge 2. On my phone and on my web Fitbit activity page several days last week are missing entirely - the numbers add up about right; but in the exercise area if reports I'vewalkedd 3 of 5 days in a challenge I do with my friends; but the NUMBERS show I did >10K steps a day - the report days the activity report shows I did ZERO on two days.

You know, syncing data between my write and my pocket doesn;t seem like the most difficult path: do you not calculate checksums of data you send/receive? How do you suppose you an reconcile two totally different parameters that just don't match? Maybe the numbers are relatively random - who's gonna notoice anyway...:) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @MiloK95014! The calendar that you'll see in your app showing how many days you've exercise will show many days, you've tracked an exercise with your tracker using SmartTrack. This may be the reason why it's not showing you've exercise the 5 days. 

Please reply to the following details: 

- Are you seeing that all your data is syncing to your Dashboard but not to your Challenges?

- In which report are you seeing zero steps? 

Additionally, you may want to learn more about how accurate are Fitbit trackers

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes