Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Old Notifications in phone app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the Fitbit phone app on my iPhone there is a red warning dot for the notifications. I don’t see any option to clear out old notifications on the Fitbit app for my iPhone and they are never cleared out when it cleans up automatically. How can I delete them?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Sheri7138, it's nice to see you around!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and letting me know that the notifications received on the Fitbit app are never cleared out. Just to confirm, have you made sure that there are any unread messages in the notifications tab of the Fitbit app?

Also, please take a screenshot of the red dot displayed in the Fitbit app. You'll find instructions to attach a picture in your post here.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are no unread notifications in the app. If fact I turned notifications off because they seemed to be causing my Fitbit Charge 3 to freeze, so they have been turned off for several weeks.image.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sheri7138 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply to us and add a screenshot to your post. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I know how important for you is to delete the Notifications showing in the Fitbit app and how distracting the red dot showing might be, however at this moment, this is not possible to delete these in-app Notifications.

Some members of the Community have removed the red dot by uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Note that if you haven't synced your device lately, if you uninstall the app some data that hasn't synced yet, might get deleted so, if you'd like to try this, please sync your Fitbit device beforehand. Keep in mind that these in-app Notifications do not affect the functionality of any device so if your Charge 3 is freezing, my best recommendation is to restart it

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes