Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Old Data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started using Fitbit in 2016, and my account used the same email address as my Google account. In early 2020 I left Fitbit to use an Apple Watch. After about 1-1/2 years, I went back to Fitbit because the tracking abilities of the Apple were loathsome - but I logged in under a new email address.

Google has since purchased Fitbit, and they will require that we switch our Fitbit accounts to our Google accounts. So, I did so today - but I have to use my Google email for my Fitbit account to be able to do so. 

The problem is that all the data from 2016 to March 2020 is now re-loaded back into my app, since I’m using that login again. Does anyone know how I can delete the old data? TIA - -  

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, I guess posting in the help forums is no longer an option. We used to be able to post here or in a device help forum and get suggestions or answers to our questions. I’ll keep using my pair of Fitbits however I’ll probably not be back here. Even a “Sorry, I don’t know” answer would have been acceptable.

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

C’mon — no one has a clue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I guess posting in the help forums is no longer an option. We used to be able to post here or in a device help forum and get suggestions or answers to our questions. I’ll keep using my pair of Fitbits however I’ll probably not be back here. Even a “Sorry, I don’t know” answer would have been acceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tractorlegs   There is a way to delete your data, but you can't delete all the data in a time frame at once.  There is either a gear icon or your profile picture in the upper right of your mobile app dashboard.  Tap on that > Account Settings > Delete Data.  This will take you to your Manage Your Fitbit Data page.  You need to remove each metric individually for your time frame.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes