Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a dongle for a charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone!  I just got a new Charge 2 fitbit and am having trouble connecting it to my iMac via bluetooth.  When I'm setting up the app it tells me to turn on bluetooth to sync my trackers.  Trouble is blue tooth is already on but it does not show the charge 2 fitbit.  There is also an option on the app menu that it couldn't find a wireless sync dongle....does this product need a dongle to work?

I was able to set up the fitbit app on my iPhone with no problem and it connects through bluetooth.  Can the app only be setup and synced on one device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi

The tracker needs only to be linked once to the fitbit account using the computer (mac/windows) or phone (iOS, Android Windows).

Afterwards it's possible to sync the tracker to the account on any device (phone or computer).

The computer (windows) requires the fitbit connect program to be installed to sync or the windows 10 app from the microsoft store.

Mac requires fitbit connect to be installed.

Depending on the program used to sync, bluetooth of the pc can be used or the fitbit dongle.

On the phone, the fitbit app is required to sync and logged in to your account.

Feel free to check out the fitbit article(s):

How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Set up and get started using your new device.

Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?
Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer meets all the requirements for getting started with your Fitbit device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have a connection with my iPhone. I’d also like to review the dashboard via my iMac computer. I have downloaded the Fitbit app to my computer but the application does not load. There’s an! Next to the icon for the app and this is where it tells me I need to turn Bluetooth on on my computer in order to complete the app load. Problem is it is already on. The othe option is to use the dongle. I an syncing with my iPhone, I only just want to display on my iMac. Is that not possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes