Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited exercises not saving in app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I haven’t seen a solution to this, so trying a post here. 

When I edit the distance on a run, it immediately reverts it back - why is this? I can edit the time, and it doesn’t happen, ONLY with the distance. Have tried: 

Log out from your Fitbit account

- Reboot your phone

- Log back in to your Fitbit account 

- Try to enter the distance again

Didn’t work. Have the newest firmware, app is updated and iOS is updated. 

This is extremely annoying and making me regret my purchase. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @anetten, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for letting us know about your findings and I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the Fitbit app where you have tried to change the data of your exercises. This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am pressing Edit Exercise DetailsI am pressing Edit Exercise Details

I adjust the distance to 10k, and press DoneI adjust the distance to 10k, and press Done

...the moment I press Done, it changes for a fraction of a second, then reverts right back to what it was.  

Best Answer

Hello @anetten, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the screenshots requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment, I have forwarded the information provided to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more to share with you about this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

In the meantime, please go to the Activities section of the online Dashboard and edit the distance of your activity here by clicking on the little pencil icon next to the activity name. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Wondering if there has been a solution to this posted problem of being unable to save the edits you make to your exercise in the app. I tried to do this tonight and just like the original post said, it changes for a second and reverts back. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks!

Best Answer

No solution. A bit ridiculous, to be honest, cause this is such an easy software fix on the app. Contemplating returning my Fitbit watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this was posted a while ago, but I noticed that no one posted a solution or follow up, and I have noticed the same issue. I tried today to edit the distance on my walk because the gps wasn't working well, and it did exactly as the initial poster said: It shows the change for a brief second, then reverts back almost immediately. 

Best Answer

A year later and this is still an issue

Best Answer

Having the same issue. Is there a solution yet?

Best Answer

This is still an issue and it also won’t let me edit the distance on the website from my phone. I have not tried a computer.

Best Answer

The fact that this still has not been fixed shows fitbit's attitude to customer service. I cannot be done on the computer either as there is no edit function there. In fact it has even stopped showing distance altogether!

Best Answer

Same problem!  The weird thing is, I made the edit on the dashboard, but it WON’T update the app!!!!  Close to time for an Apple watch

Best Answer

still happening after all this time. They have nothing about this at all.

Best Answer

still an issue.  I really LIKED my fitbit. This is disappointing considering that it has been an issue for so long.

Best Answer

Hi Marco G. I’m experiencing this same issue. Please provide a status update on your team’s research. Is there an expected date for the fix?

Best Answer

This has been an issue on forums since 2017. Can this please get resolved? My distance on treadmill runs is regularly half a mile off. 

Best Answer

It is June 25, 2021. I am facing the same issue! Such a shame. Tried editing via the link provided on the third thread but there is not pencil button to edit for run! There is one for all activities I have but run! Sad

Best Answer

July 10… just discovered this issue today. Very disappointed to see it had been years and has never addressed. 

Best Answer

Hello all,

This 08/09/2021, I have the same issue for long time. I guess this is the Fitbit memory issue. ie, when you edit the exercise on app, the memory in the Fitbit watch not change, so when you sync with the watch again, the memory in the watch “override” the record on app. The previous record will come back.

So I did this:

1, Sync the watch with app,

2, Turn off the watch, it will clear the most recent exercise record,

3, Edit the record on app and save,

4, Turn on the watch.

You can see the edited record still there.

Cheers!

Best Answer

I am having this same problem. I need to manually change my “run” to “rowing machine” since there isn’t the rowing machine option. Some of the days will stay changed and some will not. I’ve also tried to edit the duration when I forgot to hit finish after my walk. It allow me to change the end time but doesn’t change the duration. This is really frustrating and seems rather basic to not be fixed after 6 years. Maybe it’s time to open a new ticket on this issue. 

Best Answer