Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing excercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is great now having the ability to edit smart tracked exercises. The main use for me is to add the distances in to a walk or run (that I track on my garmin etc). It allows me to add the distance but then once I've saved this, it tends to just disappear.  Occasionally it will work, and it will then summarise the activity with a pace calculation too (which is great) but most of the time it just reverts to no distance again.  I'm sure this is just a teething bug but would be great if this could be fixed please.

=======================================

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @melaniewymer, it's great to see you around, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Which tracker are you currently using? Have you experienced this situation before? At this moment, when editing an exercise recognized by SmartTrack, only the Walk and Run exercises can be edited to add Distance. If you're editing these activities, it's possible the information is not updating correctly with our servers and for that I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping on the home button of your phone and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, restart your tracker and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I use Flex 2 and iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.2 , the FitBit app is update to last release 18/7 .

The band is sets to auto record running (longer then 15 min),  stride length sets to 75cm.  the app shows the exercise but with no distance . when I edit the distance, it's set for 2 seconds than it disappears.

I had a work-around for this, I've created a custom activity named "Run Outdoor" and after I change the exercise type from "Run" . to the custom name, is shows the distance. 

Same phenomenon happen  in the web site.

reseting the app, log off, re-sync... didn't help. I hope you can solve this tiny bug to enable distance edit  on auto recognized exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a work-around for this, I've created a custom activity named "Run Outdoor" and after I change the exercise type from "Run" . to the custom name, is shows the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @feechlam, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, I hope you're having an excellent day. 

I appreciate your insight, feedback and workaround in this situation. I'm eager to try it myself and I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members in the Community. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes