Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical exercise logged calculated wrong distance.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Logged an exercise on an elliptical. Can only put total time and it calculates the wrong distance. Any way to fix this so I can see my actual workout?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @IndianaUser, you cannot log your distance using your iOS app, but you can do this using your web based Dashboard (you will find a link to this on the top right hand side of every page in the Community).  Go to Dashboard --> Log --> Activities and scroll to the bottom.

If you would like to enter the distance manually, instead of using the built in "Elliptical" activity, you will need to create a custom activity, such as MyElliptical, or any name you like,

Then when you create a log for your custom activity you will have the option of entering time, distance and calories.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if you have any further questions or difficulties.  There is always someone here to help.

Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello @IndianaUser, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @Julia_G, thanks for all your help. 

@IndianaUser, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. We estimate your stride lengths using your height and sex. If you have a Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa and track one or more runs using on-board or connected GPS, we evaluate that data to automatically update your running stride length. For best results, run at a comfortable pace for at least 10 minutes.

If the distance on your exercise was calculated wrong, I would like to suggest you to measure your walking and running stride lengths yourself and enter them manually, see How do I measure and adjust my stride length?. On the other hand, you can try to follow the process described by @Julia_G to create a custom activity and use this activity as a template for your next exercise. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MarcoGFitbit, I recommended the custom activity solution to @IndianaUser, because they were talking about an elliptical distance, which I do not think would be accurately based on stride length, even if they checked and updated their stride length.  

A stride length on elliptical would be totally different from a walking or running stride length.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes