Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone battery draining faster than usual.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So since the last firmware update, my iPhone is typically losing 20% of its battery life over night and with ONLY the Fitbit app open.

This seems to be new since most recent firmware (Ionic) update.

I do have "All-Day Sync" selected but that's changed.  This appears to be significantly more battery consumption than previously experienced.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Ionic/iPhone XR/MacOS 10.x Sierra
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @rhgood, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please keep in mind that if you have "All-day Sync" enabled, your phone and your tracker will try to find each other constantly, meaning that the battery consumption on both devices will increase significantly. If you have "All-day Sync" enabled due to Notifications coming from your phone, take in consideration that turning ON the Bluetooth on your phone will be sufficient. 

In order to prevent your phone battery from draining faster than usual, please disable "All-day Sync" and monitor your phone for the next 24 hours to check if this improves.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Not helpful at all...

I said in my email that things are different now.

I have not changed the "all-day sync" setting.  I understand how it works.

Ionic/iPhone XR/MacOS 10.x Sierra
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I disable all day sinc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fkohn, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. In order to disable All-day Sync, go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > your device and scroll down. You will be able to enable/disable All-day Sync by tapping on it. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I returned the fitbit but thanks for your response.

--
Francine Kohn

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fkohn, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back, you're very welcome. I'm very sorry to hear you've returned your Fitbit device and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced. 

Thanks for keeping us updated, have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes