Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications on versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone just got the Fitbit versa and notifications work well except emails don’t seem to be being pushed to my Fitbit from my iPhone 

any ideas ?

thanks in advance 

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @Bobby5156, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tell me, are you using the default mail app on your iPhone or are you trying to get Notifications from another app (AOL, Gmail, etc.)? If you're using the default email app, please try the following:

1. Go to your phone Settings > Email > Notifications and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications and disable Email Notifications.
  4. Sync your Versa
  5. Go back to Notifications and enable them again.

Now, if you're using another app to get your email Notifications, please try these steps:

1. Go to Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications and disable the app you're currently using for email. 
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and sync your Versa
  4. Go back to Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications an enable the app again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I received my Versa on Sunday and can not get it show notifications from my iOS MAIL app.

I followed your instructions up the top expect when I got to Versa - Norifications - email notifications is not an option to disable.. in fact ta not there at all. 

Theres phone calls, messages and calendar events - nothing about emails. 

Then there’s the app notifications that seem to have every app under the sun available but NOT the iOS mail app..

can you please assist??

Best Answer

I am having the same issue - new Versa - email not even an option to turn off or on for notifications in the Fitbit app. I am using the standard Apple email app (and have tried Gmail too), neither are working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with Versa received today. Email notification switch is just not there. Calls, Messages and Calendar have their switch on and work well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here for exchange server.  It is gojng back to the store if there is no fix.  Plus the fact that it doesnt work with Spotify...just bring pebble back...no problems and easy set up!

UPDATE:

It looks like I can only get messages from ONE source, not multiple sources.  This seems like it might be the same with emails...need gmail and exchange and mail program on Samsung....please let me know or Im going back to Pebble...why did you buy if you werent going to use their technology?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment, if Mail is not showing up as a feature to enable under Notifications, please tap on App Notifications and check if your mail apps are showing up here, you can enable as many of these (mail)apps as you want and you will receive Notifications form them in your Versa. Please remember that before apps appear under App Notifications, your phone should receive a push notification in your phone (while locked) from said app. 

@Collins2some, I understand your concern about the Versa not having Spotify support yet. If you haven't done it yet, please check @erinleigh417 suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. This is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
I spent about an hour on the phone this morning qith support and the vottom line was that it wont work with email....bummer

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support and they were very helpful.

I was using the Français (canadien) language setting in iOS. Switching to English (canadian) was solving the issue (I was seeing all the apps in the "Apps notifications" setting) but using english is not practical for me for my everyday use.

Support suggested switching to Français (France). It works with basically no change in iOS' user interface.

They told me they were aware of the issue and were working to resolve it promptly. But for me, the workaround they suggested works just fine... 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Collins2some and @TheUnfit, thanks for replying, I hope you're both doing well. Smiley Happy

@TheUnfit, I appreciate you have taken the time to post the workaround you performed in order for the apps to appear under "App Notifications", I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

@Collins2some, would it be possible for you to try the troubleshooting steps @TheUnfit kindly posted? Any app in your phone that is capable to send it a push Notification should be able to be selected under "App Notifications"

Thanks for your patience, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I tried this. Did not work for me. My versa is not vibrating to let me know that I have received an email nor are emails are displaying on locked screen.

Best Answer

Hello @Lsalterid, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided above. Tell me, are you having trouble receiving calendar or text notifications? Which email app are you using and have you enabled it under App Notifications? Have you restarted your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? 

Having this information will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next, I will appreciate it if you could reply to me with the information requested. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add that you feel is relevant, please let me know. I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. For reasons unclear to me my versa has started pushing emails and displaying them on my locked screen. Truthfully, perhaps it started doing this right after I followed the instructions posted in the forum but I was unaware of this at the time because there seems to be a “lag” between receiving emails on my Iphone, Ipad and Versa: nothing is in sync, the exact same email arrives on each device at a different time - which is most confusing!

However, thanks anyway for your reply. It is good to know there is good support “out there”. Now if you can only do something about the shocking fact that Fitbit Versa does not support the 5g wifi network...!!!!!!!

Again, thanks
Lani

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lsalterid, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know you're now able to receive mail notifications on your Versa, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I'll make sure to forward your insight about the Versa supporting 5G WiFi Networks.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Versa is not pushing email notifications unless my Iphone is on and my Iphone email app is open. Then, and only then, I receive the notification on my Versa. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry but I cannot help. I suggest you telephone fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Taking Fitbit back for a full and cheerful refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tea4Terry, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Lsalterid, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Tea4Terry, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your Versa. Thanks for letting us know you were able to contact our Support Team and received a satisfactory resolution. I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me 😏 No notifications for email 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kaffybee, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. Please note that email Notifications as based on the app that you're using to receive emails, meaning that the apps (Mail, Gmail, Outlook, etc.) will show up as App Notifications. You can find App Notifications by going to Account > Versa > Notifications. 

In order for an app to show up on this list, it should first send a push Notification to your phone. If the app is still not showing up, pull down the screen while on the App Notifications list for the list to refresh. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes