Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Camera for Barcode Scanning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am super frustrated after spending almost an hour trying to figure out how to enable my camera (iPhone 5c) to scan barcodes.  There is no "gear" in the upper right hand corner of my phone and I cannot find anything under my privacy settings that will do this. Online here's what I see under settings/privacy:

fitbit privacy.JPG

It's probably something super obvious that I'm missing, but I'm missing it and can't find any help in the search here either.  Can someone please direct me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LGMichelle and welcome to the Community.

This is a permission that needs to be set in your iPhone's settings and cannot be done on Fitbit.com. You can edit this setting on your iPhone by:

1. Opening your settings.

2. Scrolling down until you see "Fitbit" and click on it.

3. Toggle "Camera" on.

If for some reason Camera isn't listed in your settings under Fitbit, I'd then recommend that you: hit the quick log button near the bottom between "Challenges" and "Friends" > tap "Scan Barcode" > and you should receive a pop up asking if the Fitbit App can have permission to use your camera for barcode scanning.

Keep me posted if you need any additional help.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you.  I had to really search for that (it wasn't quite where you said... it was under 2 other menus) but I found it and fixed it.  Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

Thank you Derrick S what a game changer on telling me the tip to enable camera 

Best Answer
0 Votes