Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 stopped syncing after iPhone iOS 14.6 iPhone update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 was syncing fine until iPhone updated to iOS 14.6 and now I can't sync my watch at all!  I tried all the "suggested" fixes. There are no updates needed as everything is up to date. Tried turning Bluetooth off and back on again.  Tried rebooting both the phone AND the watch.  I did as was suggested and when to bluetooth, went to Versa 2 and told it to "forget this device".  NOW it doesn't show it at all!  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone. I have even tried resetting my network connections and that did nothing to solve the problem either.  I have other bluetooth devices and they will connect just fine.  What is wrong with Fitbit that it does not sync?!  I even removed the device and tried to set up a "new" device!  It only takes about 2 or 3 seconds and I get the "FOUND IT" checkmark BUTTTT it will never go any further on connecting, so I get the "SOMETHING WENT WRONG" about connection with the device timed out and asks if I want to Abort or Retry.  Retry NEVER works, so every single time I have to hit the "Abort" button and start over!  I had a Versa Lite that did the same thing. I was told to go back to factory setting and it turned into a paperweight, so I will not be resetting this one because of that.  I have a Versa 2 now and I "thought" it would be better than the Lite.  It was great .... for a while.   I am an old lady and I relied on this watch for many things!  Fix it or give me a new one or give me a refund so I can purchase a tracking watch that actually works!  Hell, it doesn't even tell time correctly anymore because of this!

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

same exact issue

what can we do?!?

did Fitbit respond to you yet?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have NOT heard a word about this from ANYONE!  I was hoping a moderator or someone would chime in and lend a hand.  After many many many attempts yesterday, I was able to get the 4 digit code to appear!  I considered that a sort of a victory I guess.  I entered the code and after unsuccessful attempts of finishing, I finally got it "finished" (I think) BUTTTT it is still not syncing with my phone.  ANOTHER issue is....I figured well, I'll just use the Wifi and get it to update, etc.  WRONG!  When I try to set up WiFi, it says there are no networks!  My phone shows 4 or 5 around me plus my own...and yet, FitBit app shows NONE!  I tried manually entering my network and just sat there saying "connecting" and never went any further!  You would think the amount of money we pay for these things that we would get a product that worked or at the very least, someone that could explain and work out the kinks!

Best Answer
Maddening.
Jammed up today but will call Fitbit tomorrow to see what they plan to do.
Sometimes hate iOS updates.
My regular podcast app stopped working too though found another app that works fine.
Bizarro.
Best Answer

Let me know what they say Winston.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Hi Wolfie—I called customer service 877-623-4997 & they walked me through fixing syncing problem. I did essentially the things you said you did & mine resolved. Started with turning Bluetooth off & back on. Be careful if you are on Bluetooth headphones bc they will go off when you do this (happened to me.). Then went into my Fitbit account. Set Versa 2 up & checked “Replace” original download  
  • Bluetooth will search for new device. Mine did not find it. So I rebooted my Versa & after 3-4 minutes it was found & updates were installed. 
    Keep Versa on charger while troubleshooting.  
    Data from previous days when could not sync downloaded as well. 
    I kept them on phone entire time in case I ran into a glitch. 
    good luck!🍀 
Best Answer

Hi Winston!  Thanks for getting back to me on this.  I, too, called Customer Support.  Told them all the things I had done.  He said there was really nothing more I could do.  Checked the warranty and they are sending me a new Versa 2!  Replacing things doesn't solve the problems they are having...so I hope they continue to work on solutions rather than just replacing them.  I also thought I was going to have to return this one, but he told me to just chuck it!  

Best Answer
Wow--good for you!!

I guess since mine started syncing I am stuck with the one I have for now.

Thanks for update!
Best Answer

Let me know if any of you get a solution to this! I have tried all the things--factory reset, updating software, deleting and reinstalling the app, turning bluetooth off and on, everything. Nothing works. I chatted with a customer service agent and they were unable to help me as well. Willing to try anything at this point, so let me know if you have any ideas. I get the same issue (403 error) on both my iphone and my ipad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @andys9968.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since you've been working with our Support team regarding this issue, I recommend to contact our team back as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device? 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same problem since April 1st, and Fitbit has done NOTHING to make me feel like they are trying to resolve the issue.  I am beyond frustrated.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @eiujen2.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you. If you have additional concerns or you're not satisfied or agree with the resolution of your case, feel free to contact our Support team back as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer