Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when trying to set up Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried everything on the troubleshooting at least 100 times and still nothing works please can anyone help! Error 500 after entering 4 digit code to pair to my phone through the fitbit app!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @Bazzgriff , let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. Many thanks for trying to troubleshoot before contacting us, I'll be glad to help you. 

The error 500, appears to those users who have deleted their Fitbit account and are now trying to setup their device using a new account, I appreciate you have tried to fix this, however, I'd recommend you to try the following workaround: 

1. Log in onto the old account.
  2. Agree to recover the Fitbit account.
  3. Go to the account,
  4. Tap on your tracker.
  5. Scroll all the way down.
  6. Tap on remove your tracker from your Fitbit account.
  7. Log out from the account.
  8. Log in to the new account.
  9. Set up the tracker on that account.
  10. Log out to the account.
  11. Log in back to your old account.
  12. Delete your old account.

Let me know if that works. Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Hi Grace

I never owned another account I've always used the same account.

I had a charge HR at one point but stopped using it.

I recently purchased a charge 2 and thats what I'm having problems with now.

I'm getting quite frustrated as It doesn't seem to work no matter what I do.

Please help

UPDATE:

Hi Grace
Thanks for your advice but I have only got 1 account.
I've never owned multiple accounts.
I stopped using my account for a while due to not using a Fitbit.
I have now purchased a new Fitbit that won't sync to my app and I keep getting the error 500 message.
I've tried everything multiple times and I'm starting to get quite frustrated at the fac5 that no matter what I try it still doesn't work!
Please help

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

Hello @Bazzgriff, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, is your Charge 2 brand new or has it been paired to a different account before? If it's new, where did you purchase it? If the Charge 2 has been paired to a different account before, has this account been deleted recently? If so, that's the reason you're getting an error 500 when trying to set it up. 

If it's possible, please log in to the recently deleted account, if you do it before 7 days have passed since the deletion you can halt the process and remove the Blaze from that account. This will let you set it up on your own account without inconveniences. If you don't have access to the old account, you will need to wait 7 days for the account to be completely deleted before setting up the Charge 2 in yours. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Hey Marco
Does that mean if I can't access the old account as long as it is deleted I should be able link it to my account after the 7 day period has passed?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bazzgriff, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back. Indeed, if you're unable to access the old account where the device was set up, you will need to wait 7 days since the account was deleted for the information inside said account gets completely removed. Then, you will be able to set up the Charge 2 in your own account.

However, if you're able to access the old account before 7 days have passed, you will stop the deletion process for the old account and will be able to remove the Charge 2 from that account, then set it up in your own and delete the old account. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes