Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when trying to update Zip.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi— I just bought a refurbished Zip. It’s synching to me iPhone, but when I try to download the update, I get an error 500. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I'm getting the same error. I am able to pair my zip but when I try to update, I am getting the Error 500.  Can someone please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've moved your IOS based error to the iOS board, not being an. iOS user I did a quick search and haven't come up with an answer for you guys.

My only thoughts are to

Update the Fitbit app.

Try logging out and back in .

Find a friend with a different phone and update the tracker through their phone.

Best Answer

Hello @SarahLoh and @RebeccaV168, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @Rich_Laue, thanks for all your help and for keeping the Forums organized. Smiley Happy

@SarahLoh and @RebeccaV168, thanks for sharing your experience and letting us know about this error you're getting. At this moment, if you have already tried the troubleshooting steps @Rich_Laue provided and you're still getting the error, please try the following:

1. Turn off WiFi on your phone and try to update / set up the Zip with your cellular data. If this doesn't work:
  2. Restart your phone and try again. If you're still having issues:
  3. Uninstall the Fitbit app, restart your phone and install it back, then try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi! I've tried all of these options, except trying to update from a friend's phone, and none of them have worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SarahLoh, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. Smiley Happy

Please note that if you bought this Zip from someone else, it's possible the other person has just deleted their account, which is preventing you from setting up the Zip, as the account might need to take a bit more of time to be completely deleted. I would like to suggest you to wait for 24 to 48 and try to set up the device again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI! that's not the issue. I set up my account and synced my FitBit just
fine, but it won't update. I keep getting the same error message. So it is
a very specific issue I have not been able to correct--and I don't seem to
be the only person having this problem.

--
Sarah Lohman

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer

Hello @SarahLoh, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and clarify this situation to me. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

--
Sarah Lohman
646-853-2099
www.sarahlohman.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

if anything, it was working much better beffore updating everything.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

start the pairing, finds it, tries to pair, but then fails

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd hazard a guess on a recent fitbit update... judging by this error message I am getting

hope it helps the debs sort it out quick, I can't be the only one staring at their Fitbit and checking if it is working once in a while....

just don't say it is your fitbit, buy a new one, too many people affected.....

Unable to request authorization with Twitter. 403:The request is understood, but it has been refused. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits (https://support.twitter.com/articles/15364-about-twitter-limits-update-api-dm-and-following). Callback URL not approved for this client application. Approved callback URLs can be adjusted in your application settings

Best Answer
0 Votes