Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB Bluetooth domain error 3 Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was able to set up my Fitbit Alta on my phone after many tries however keep getting this error message when trying to sync it again and when updating the software. I have turned my BT and phone off/on several times and still not working. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Scrnsmith. Sorry you are experiencing these frustrations but I'm happy you found us here. A good part of the problem - for Fitbit and for other apps - is that Apple keeps releasing different versions of IOS 10 and 11, forcing everyone else to play catch up as quickly as they can. But, that said, I have a couple suggestions. It sounds like you have tried some of these steps, but the order in which you do them is important.

First, make sure you are on the latest update for the Fitbit app. Then, remove your Alta from the Fitbit app and delete the app. Go into your iPhone settings. Select Bluetooth and Forget the Alta. Then, make sure you are on the latest IOS version.

Wait a few minutes then reinstall the Fitbit app and set up your Alta again. It will automatically ask you about pairing it to the iPhone's Bluetooth.

This has worked for others. Hopefully, this will do the trick for you. This process gets all the updates in sync with the others. Please let us know if this works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey there! This still isn’t working. The device isn’t even showing up on the list of devices. It is just constantly searching and now won’t even reinstall. Never used my blue tooth and wondering if it my phone?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I tried my Bluetooth on other stereo device and it was able to pair however the Fitbit Alta still isn’t showing up as an available device. I’m very close to returning this tracker even though I really want it to work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more Suggestion, when setting it up, move to a room that has no other Bluetooth devices in it. If this does not work, you may want to contact support

Best Answer
0 Votes