Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the new Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just want to start a new thread about how bad the new app design is since Google bought Fitbit. I really wish they would just go back to the old design. And this is not just a disgruntled old person having to get used to a new design saying this. No, I am an experienced User Experience Designer. I make a living creating experiences like this app and I know it is a **ahem** experience.

All the icons, colors, shapes on the app look the same and it is impossible to tell the sections apart at a glance. It gives me a headache to try and find the stat I am looking for and discern what an icon is supposed to symbolize.

You can’t tell when an item is clickable or not. Many buttons don’t look like buttons. And many things that look like they should be buttons are not clickable.

The way information is laid out is unclear. I like to look at the breakdowns of my exercises and how many zone minutes I got per exercise. That page is a MESS!! You cannot tell when an exercise started and stopped nor see the breakdown of your zone minutes for that exercise.

This is the same for each of the sections on the app. Like what do the rings around the little icons at the top even mean? Like it tells me nothing and is unclear. The font is two spacey and makes me go crosseyed trying to read it too. I would love to sit down with one of your UX designers and go through the entire website breaking everything down and explaining why it is so bad. 

Just trash this entire app and bring back the old one please. And fire your UX designers because they have created the WORST User experience I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing. 

Listen to your users. Or you will lose them. 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Pineapple88 - thanks for your detailed post, which reflects observations and requests from many users across the forums.

Unfortunately this is the way Google decided to go intentionally. Why, remains a mystery. Giving the users the option to choose their look and feel with the old or new app would seem like a far better approach.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I fully agree with the original poster.  Our beloved Fitbit app is broken and scrambled!

May I add, the wellness report seems to have disappeared.  I use that report when I visit my doctor.  I have an appointment tomorrow, but I can find no way to access and request a copy of my report.  
Online directions say click on the Discover tab.  I can find nothing that is identifiable as a Discover tab.

Please fix these things!  We have used them all these years and come to depend on them.  

Best Answer

@Geri2fit  I think the answer is in this post.

Best Answer

Totally agree! I just bought a Charge 6 after 10 years of not having anything. So my experience with the app is new, I never used the older app. But know crap when I see it - I was just complaining about it to my coworker just 10 minutes before reading this post. The app is just a jumble of letters and numbers. What icons there are, are too small. The "Coach" space is nothing but ad revenue and "You" section is almost useless. And there's no iPad/Tablet version - Fail.

Best Answer

After trying every "fix" imaginable and suggested, Fitbit still won't open consistently on my IPad. It opens on every other device I have so it's the Ipad operating system that's blocking it. Why don't they just produce a desktop version so I don't have to squint at a mobile phone. 

---

Same here so it is the Ipad as both my Android phones sync with and open the Fibit App. I can't think that constantly pairing the device is a viable option as it doesn't work anyway   

Best Answer