Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app doesn't show steps in real time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Great.  The main reason I still carry a FitBit is because the IOS app showed my steps in real time.  That no longer works.  Why does this app continue to incrementally go backwards?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The thing that's stopped working is the step count getting updated in real time when you have app open and are walking. You now have to manually refresh the app to get the updated count

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, @GilGomesJr.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced with the new Fitbit app. We appreciate your input and your feedback helps us to improve our devices and services for all our members.

While the look of the Fitbit app changed, the steps and all your details should continue being available. If you're referring to the stats displayed at the top of the screen, let me share that we have the Focus goal which allows you to choose the stats you want to focus during the day. To customize what stats you see, tap edit at the top of the Today tab and follow the steps described here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The thing that's stopped working is the step count getting updated in real time when you have app open and are walking. You now have to manually refresh the app to get the updated count

Best Answer

Roman is absolutely correct.  THAT is what the problem is.  Please read his email and then re-read MY email as I stated exactly the same thing in a different manner.  Is THIS how the app is going to remain???

Thanks...

-Gil

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a Fitbit for a LONG time.    This is my last one.  The watch is great but their software seems to go backwards each year with functionality.

Best Answer

I‘d be glad if it showed my steps at all after the latest update it doesn‘t track my steps at all anymore… 

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, sadly for me it‘s not remaining. All the metrics stay at zero. Only the date and the time are correct. I have deleted the watch and reconnected it but the problem remains. Can you help because I want to have a fitness watch and not just a regular watch 

Best Answer

Haven't heard anything from you people in quite a while regarding this problem.  I thought that Roman and myself made the issue abundantly clear.  Is there a fix in the works or should I just move on...

Best Answer

It’s so bad. I usually open the app and have it on the treadmill and I watch the steps in real time. Now I have to try to swipe down over and over while running. Ahhhhhhh I want to throw this thing out the window and I’ve been obsessed with it. Please dear god fix this. I use it to track with my health insurance app and for dancing and it’s gotten me so active. I’d use the display on my Fitbit but that broke too ✌🏼

Best Answer

I wish I never updated it. Apparently their R&D doesn’t realize the die-hard people who get really into their Fitbit’s really don’t want their dopamine numbers to change around. **ahem**kkkkk! 

Best Answer

Some days the real time steps show up in the app and some days it doesn't. So frustrating! 

Best Answer

this doesn't address the issue of inconsistent real time step tracking. I like to keep the app open to see my steps increase during the walk and this only works some of the time. Is this glitch being addressed? 

Best Answer

Funny, the day I posted this my Fitbit app started properly showing my step count dynamically.    

Best Answer