Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Friends by Username

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Find Friends by Username function does not seem to work properly. I enter a friends username and it each time searches and pulls up a completely different person's username and sends them a friend request. I can't see any way to stop or delete these friend requests. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @Scorndog.

I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on.

Could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing? I'd like to take a closer look at the situation and getting a visual of what you see could help me find the best way to move forward.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to log out of the app and then log back in. That should help in getting it all to work correctly.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. Here is the screenshot of what I am looking at (I blurred out the names to protect people's privacy). I tried to add 4 friends by user names and then watched as the names changed to four completely different names. In the some cases, the names do not seem to be even remotely the same as what I put in for example I tried to add Kxxx and it changed to Wxxx. Now it appears that I have four pending friend requests for four complete strangers with no apparent way to stop or delete them. I have tried logging in and out of the app but it did not seek to do anything. Thanks for any advice that you may have.

thumbnail_IMG_0375.png

Best Answer

Hello @Scorndog, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and add a screenshot to your post. Smiley Happy

At this moment, I'll make sure to forward the information you have provided to us to our development team so they can take a better look at this situation. Please note that friend requests can't be cancelled on your side, if the people you send the requests to decline them, you will be able to see the request disappeared from the app. 

For the time being, I would like to suggest you to add friends through the email section of the "Find Fiends" section of the app. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hello, was any insight provided here? I am experiencing the same issue. 
Thanks in advance.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @smartinc.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Clear your iPhone cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

You can confirm the steps to add friends in How do I connect with friends on Fitbit? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. I can't add friends by user name, and (like the user above) can't delete friend requests sent by mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes