Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update taking too long

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit and am trying to set it up with my iPhone but need to update it first and it has been taking forever. How long does it usually take? How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33
I have to disagree. I think customer service is horrible!!! I had a fitbit Ionic that I had trouble with starting 19 days after I bought it. It would freeze, not update, shut off and not turn on, not count steps, count steps while it was charging while I was sleeping and every time I wrote to the company, all I would get it this same regurgitated bull**** on turning it off/on crap. They never really help. Then when my Ionic completely died a month after my warranty was over, I was told that I could just buy another one. This is after SEVEN email attempts throughout the year complaining about the watch!!! Fitbit is a crappy company with crappy products. I'll never spend one more cent on anything they have to offer!!! The updates take forever!! You can never get a real reason why or a solution. It's just this same crap they keep telling you. I'll be an Apple watch girl from now on!!!
Best Answer

I have been trying to update my Fitbit Versa Lite for 2 days. Both the phone and fitbit have been on the charger over night. I have a new high speed wireless router within several feet from my phone and fitbit. It has sat there over night last night only to find this morning saying the update failed. The phone and the fitbit have been restarted and the process has been restarted. It has been over 2 hours and I see no progress of any updates happening this morning.  It looks like the fitbit is useless without the update installed !!

Isn't there a file you can download on your phone or computer and update it that way??

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem its with a software version that needs to be updated through
bluetooth it will take a few days but after it will update normally through
wifi, mine took a few days updating and it finished and its working fine
Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem its with a software version that needs to be updated through bluetooth it will take a few days but after it will update normally through wifi, mine took a few days updating and it finished and its working fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok So let me download  the update on my high speed computer and then update the fitbit through the USB charging plug so I don't have to have my phone tied up with the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it taking so long for my iPhone 7 to sync with my Fitbit and my Fitbit, it’s says it’s done updating but then goes back to the beginning 🙄😒🤷‍:female_sign:  Anyone have the same problem and how to fix it! I’ve deleted the app and Redownloaded it And also shut off my phone and rebooted it and My Fitbit still did the same thing as before 😞 🙄😒😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

I update it but it still stayed on the screen for the past 24 hrs I even tried the replace Fitbit it says it's at 100% but it stays there what do I do I'm kinda getting frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently on at least hour 2 and it’s only on 35%. I don’t want to restart because I’m worried it will just take this long again! Granted the Fitbit isn’t new and hasn’t been used in a while so it may have a lot to update but this is crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued participation in the Community Forums.

Thanks for the information provided, as well for the steps tried on your own. I'm sorry that you're going through this situation and let me help you with this matter. Even though you've been troubleshooting this matter prior posting, make sure to exhaust the steps suggested in this help article. If the issues persist when updating your Fitbit devices, please provide me with the following:

1. Model of your iPhone
  2. OS/software version
  3. Model of your Fitbit device

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right now its working properly but with that update in that moment was hardly to get it but it did and since that moment its updating quickly normally.

Fitbit Ionic

Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Android 9

Best Answer

Hi @penichej. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the information provided and for sharing that your Ionic was able to update correctly. I understand how you felt about the update taking too long and I appreciate your efforts while working on this. While your watch should continue working well, don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart a Fitbit acer because it said in the comment to do that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Savannah_watkin. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for sharing that you have the Fitbit Ace and the instructions to perform a restart can be found here. For more troubleshooting tips to update the firmware, please check this help article under All other devices.

I'll be around if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Sense is going on an hour and a half with this update and does not seem to be making any progress. There does not seem to be any way to stop or restart the process at this point. Is this watch just holding my phone hostage until whenever?

Best Answer
0 Votes