Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit bit not working when adding friends and exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't know if it's the Fitbit not working or the app. I have never been able to add someone as the friends button only shows me people without a fit bit. Today I have been on 1hr 20 min walk the app said I had done 8,431 steps I went to log walk as activity then my app said I had only done 2,436 steps 1hr later it changed to 4,120 steps and won't add my walk or any activity as as soon as you click add the screen goes off but active minutes is still 0 mins. I have deleated the app and downloaded it again still no change then I removed the Fitbit flex and put it back on I also charged my band but still says only done 4,120 steps. Can anyone help ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Sophie167, good to see you around. To add friends I recommend to review this post for more help.

When you walk, note that is not require to log the activity again, since your tracker already tracked your steps. When you log an activity is require to be careful not to log activities that enter in conflict with existing information. I'm saying this because in order to avoid duplicate numbers your account may override part of your data, causing inaccurate information.

If you have a tracker that supports SmartTrack; your tracker will know you are walking and will add an activity by itself that wont impact your numbers. Contrary to manually add the information directly on your account.

So my recommendation, is to make sure not to have activities logged at the same time and consider also the time of your activity is not causing an impact on your existing steps; meaning the time that your tracker was reading your steps is longer than your manual activity, or viceversa.

I would like to add, active minutes are a measurement of time spent doing activity that is more intense than regular walking, so it wont necessarily match the total time of your activity.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be here if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes