Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Alta Won't Bluetooth Pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, I've tried everything and I've read multiple articles, but for some reason my Alta won't pair with my iPhone 6s. I recently got a new iPhone and my old iPhone paired with my Alta without a problem. But for some reason on this phone, it won't pair- it will sync to track the steps but won't display notifications. But, as soon as I hit "pair with Bluetooth", it won't sync anymore and it just loads, but nothing ever happens. Can someone help? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
52 REPLIES 52

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and letting us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes yes yes!!!!  Finally!  I had also followed all the steps of unpairing the Alta and then restsrting my device.  Used these instructions and went to settings, Bluetooth and pressed the circled i (info) and saw two altas that said not synced.  I only have one so I deleted both and then went into the Fitbit app, took the Alta off the Fitbit app and started from the beginning.  Paired the Alta with the code it sends, then went into settings by touching the watch icon, selected notifications and it finally asked me to pair!  Then I finally saw the menu for notification preferences!  So happy I found this post!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @4Slinkys, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for us to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know your issue has been resolved after following the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread, thanks for joining the conversation and letting us know.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart your Alta?  I had a Fitbit Flex and upgraded for Christmas and now I can't get my phone to pair the Alta.  It shows on my phone as located, but when I tap it, it says "pairing" for a mere second and then nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure about your situation but you have to unpair or”forget” the old watch.

Shana
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to unpair or “forget” the old watch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read something in a post about plugging it in to charge and then pressing the button located near the plug three times in a row a second in between each press. That restarts it.

I went into my app and “forgot” the device and so after it restarted I paired it from the beginning with a new code. Hope this helps in some way

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read something in a different post about plugging your Alta in to charge and then pressing the button, which is located near the plug, three times in a row about a second in between each press.  That restarts the Alta.

I also went into my Fitbit app and “forgot” the device, and so after it restarted (using the above steps), I paired it as if from from the very beginning with a new code that was sent when I selected to pair it.  Hope this helps in some way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already did that

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I found this forum. I had trouble pairing my fitbit as well to my new iphone. After reading all the suggestions here is what worked for me. I went to my old iphone and made sure I removed the Alta from the Bluetooth device list (Settrings > Bluetooth > My Device List > Tap on Alta “information” circle and click “Forget this Device”). After that I went to my new iphone and did the same, removed Alta from the device list under Bluetooth. Then I went back to the Fitbit app and went to Account (square icon on top right), clicked on “Alta HR”, then clicked on “Notifications”. Then it synced successfully. So obviously the issue was that it was still connected to my old phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!! I tried everything to get my Alta to sync after getting new phone. Your solution that was so simple was only thing that worked. I spent hours trying different things& was getting so upset.Thanks...your awesome 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit wont notify message and phone number

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank goodness you found this! Thank you so much for sharing. Haven’t seen this anywhere else either, and worked like a charm.

Best Answer
0 Votes