Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR won't pair with iphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It started back on 7/11 when my Alta HR stopped syncing with my phone.  I tried a number of times to get it to sync.  I turned the bluetooth off and back on again on my phone and still nothing.  I've since removed my alta hr from my phone and tried to start all over again but now my phone can't find my alta hr at all.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @southstbabe, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new people around! Smiley Happy

If your Alta HR is unable to pair with your phone after you've removed it from your account, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Restart your Alta HR and leave it plugged in and charging.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try a couple of times and if your tracker is still not pairing with your account, feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Robot Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thank you I'll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about ready to send this Atra HR back.  It stopped syncing and I have been trying to get it to sync on my iPhone for days. I have tried everything that has been posted.  Any other suggestions before I send it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @1913fit2tee, thanks for joining the conversation, it's nice to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @southstbabe, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

@1913fit2tee, would it be possible for you to reply to me with the exact steps you've tried so far? Did you try to set up your tracker as a new device in order to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone? If so, please let me know so I can take a better look at this situation. 

@southstbabe, I'll be waiting for your next reply, hopefully your Alta HR will be able to pair and sync. Additionally, if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried with no success what you told me to do.  I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app just in case.  I'm ready to toss it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  Had to let my Alta battery completely die and start all over again. It was the only way I was able to get it working with my phone again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @southstbabe, thanks for replying, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to let me know the steps you've performed in order for your tracker to start working again, I really appreciate it and I'm sure your method will be helpful for many people facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did as suggested and I was able to pair my Alta HR to my iPhone6.  Thanks for the walk-through.

Best Answer

Hello @mmteapots71, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved and your Alta HR is now paired to your iPhone 6, I'm very glad. 

In case there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi team, I have tried the above steps several times and my iPhone still will not sync to the Alta HR.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so upset. I finally upgraded to and iPhone X and all is well except my Fitbit Alta HR. I really need to see my phone calls and texts on my watch and even though I have done everything it isn’t working. I even talked with an associate at Fitbit who swore it was working but it isn’t. I have reloaded the app, turned the phone and Bluetooth on and off for two days and still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant add fitbit Alta hr to a phone or tablet. It gets as far as giving me the code an them stops saying it can't connect. I've tried everything 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I have followed these exact steps too and can’t get the phone (iPhone SE) to see my AltaHR... what’s the next suggestion? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem until I followed Marcos advice.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/Alta-HR-not-tracking-exercise/m-p/1940625#M1831

Now it is working perfectly!  That little button on the charging cable is well disguised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was Marcos advice? I can’t access this page but I’m having the sam problems with the device not pairing. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes