Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App unable to connect to device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried restarting the Fitbit app, my Bluetooth and my iphone multiple times, but every time when I tried to go into the gallery, it always shows “Unable to Connect to Device.” 
My Fitbit is literally right next to my phone. Why is this so difficult to use?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My Fitbit device is charge 5, and both the device and my iPhone are up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @qpwieu 

If I’m understanding correctly you “are connected to your Bluetooth” on your phone but you get an Unable to Connect to Device when you try to go into the gallery section of your Fitbit App. If that is indeed the case I’m wondering….do you use VPN? Try turning it off and see if that fixes the issue. If it does you can always turn it back on after you get what you want from the Gallery.

If I misunderstood your post completely I apologize. Let me know if this did indeed help or I missed third base 😉

Best Answer

I’m not on VPN. And I still have the issue, but now if I restart my Bluetooth and the Fitbit apps about 5 times, I can potentially successfully sync once. This Bluetooth connection is really really annoying…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sure it’s very frustrating @qpwieu.…. I would certainly be frustrated as well. Can you look here to see if your mobile device is compatible: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices I was just wondering if that could be the problem. If not I’d certainly consider contacting Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes my mobile device is compatible and I’m on IOS 15.5.

And from the forum, it seems this Bluetooth issue has been here for a year but still with no fix… Is there something fundamentally wrong with the App or the Bluetooth chip?

Best Answer

Hopefully Fitbit Customer Service can sort things out for you 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes