Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Thinks Elliptical Is A Walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I get on the elliptical for 30 minutes, I track the exercise by using the elliptical exercise feature on my Blaze.

When done with the workout, I sync to the app.  The app recognizes the majority of the elliptical workout as a walk and a minimal amount as the actual elliptical workout.

So, in the Exercise portion of the app, it will show my elliptical workout starting at 5:46pm, going 0.84 miles, and a 35'35" pace.  The "walk" exercise shows me starting at 8:46pm, going 3.32 miles, and a 10'32" pace.  

When I go into my elliptical app, it shows the total distance of 3.32 miles and a 10'32" pace.

So, why am I getting 2 exercise entries in my Fitbit app when I've only done one exercise - the elliptical.  Fitbit Support has suggested changing the default stride length in my Fitbit account AND restarting my Blaze.  I wasn't able to adjust my stride length yet, but I did restart the Blaze.  I have a Charge 2 as well, so I can use that the next time I do an elliptical workout and see if I have the same problem.

The Auto Recognize feature for the elliptical is set to on.

Thanks and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jkruyne,

First I would recommend that you edit your SmartTrack settings to be more tailored to the workouts that you actually do. Click here for instructions.

For me personally, I have biking and elliptical turned off since I don't do those exercises and have the time threshold for running set to 30 minutes because that's around the time of my average run.

Also, do you use any of our third party integrations? If so, it could be possible that your workout is double counting because you are logging your exercise on the 3rd party app and on Fitbit.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, what I've done now, is turn off Auto Recognition for the elliptical (even though I do it), outdoor bike (rarely do it), and aerobic workout. I left the Walk setting at 15 minutes and increased my Run setting to 30 minutes. I typically run at least 30 minutes. From now on when I use the elliptical, I will put my tracker into Exercise mode and choose Elliptical and track my workout that way.
As far as 3rd party apps, I use Map My Run and Map My Fitness. I definitely use Map My Run for my longer runs. I have my Fitbit account connected to my Map My Run account but I don't understand the sync process between the two.
Thanks for you help and let me know if you think my approach for the elliptical workouts is a god one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes