Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 will not stay connected

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am on my second Charge 2, my issues is that it refuses to stay connected to my phone (iPhone 6). I really love the new features and style, but it will only occasionally send notifications and mostly refuses to stay paired. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, turning phone off, different phone, etc... Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, as I'm about to return this and be done with fighting with it.
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @oneputt66, welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Is the issue related exclusively to notifications? If so, I'd like to recommend going to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, restart your mobile device and follow @ErickFitbit's helpful instructions to setup notifications on your device to reset the pairing. 

In case your tracker is not syncing correctly, as you have already tried several troubleshooting steps, try to setup your tracker as a new device:

To set it up:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Then, click on "Setup a New Fitbit Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I must do this every week in order to get my Fitbit to sync with my iPhone 7. Frustrating!  I never had this issue with my Fitbit Charge  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ricster1963, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! 

Have you tried to restart your tracker lately? Do you have All-day Sync enabled in the Fitbit app? If so, I would like to suggest force-closing the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. If that doesn't do the trick, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in, this will refresh the information and force your tracker to sync. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and in case you need anything else feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer