Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze unable to pair. Error 500

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit blaze won’t connect to the app. It is showing it is paired with my iPhone XR but it won’t get past entering the four digits in the Fitbit app. It gives me this error “operation cannot be completed. (Com.fitbit.HTTP 500.) how do I fix this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, have you deleted a previous account where the Blaze was set up before? If that's the case, you will need to wait from 24 to 72 hours for the account to delete completely before setting up the Blaze in a new account. If you haven't deleted an account and are still getting the same error, please uninstall and reinstall the app and try to set up your Blaze once again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is the exact same. I gave mine to my son as a Santa present nd can't pass 4 digit code. It is sends code nd says it's tracked. I'm devasted a very sad boy 2day on Xmas day as clock is in pink nd he said he can't use it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the exact same problem. Set it up under me for my daughter and then deleted my account and created one just for her (thought I could track her progress through family account). Set up account for her and can't get fitbit to pair (error 500). Have reset the fitibit and reinstalled the app on her phone. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jordymrt, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know about this situation. Tell me, are you seeing an error 500? Is the Versa brand new or has it been paired to an account before? If so, was that account recently deleted? This information will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for replying so quick. Yes when I try to pair the device it says
error 500. It used to be my mothers, which she paired with her phone, and
she gave it to me for Christmas. She deleted her account completely and for
some reason I cannot pair the device to my phone.
Thank you for your concern
Sincerely, Jordan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jordymrt, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the information requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment, if your mother's account has been recently deleted (7 day period), please ask her to log into her account so the deletion process stops and the account is reinstated. Once the account has been reinstated, remove the Versa from her account, and pair it on your account. After that, she can delete her account once again. 

If more than 7 days have passed after the account was deleted, please wait from 24 to 72 hours before trying to set up the Versa again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes