Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and apple watch.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all: 

first of all i love my fitbit.  I am considering getting the apple watch.  Is the app for fitbit compatible with the apple watch?  We just started doing daily, weekly and weekend challenges with fitbit and i am having fun keeping up with my step goals.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Kicker21, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately the Apple Watch and the Fitbit app are incompatible, the Fitbit app has been designed to work with Fitbit trackers. However if you enjoy challenges, you can set up MobileTrack in your iPhone so you can still participate in them. 

To install MobileTrack:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Select MobileTrack.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand the Surge/Charge are in direct competition with the Apple Watch. However, it would be nice if Watch Step data that makes it's way into Apple Healthkit would be recognized just as iPhone Step data is.  I exercise on an Elliptical where the iPhone is stationary and the watch is moving like crazy. I get no step credits unless I put the phone in my sock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I really appreciate feedback and I understand your concern about this situation. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future. This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes