Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App has trouble syncing 2 Fitbit trackers.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the latest version - 2.39 of the app on my iPhone. I have two trackers - a one and a surge - and most of the time when I sync manually (I do not do all day sync) the app only finds the last tracker I synced. If I wore and synced my surge, and then wear the one for a while - when I open the app it cannot find the one - it only shows the surge.

There is a solution, shutting my iPhone off and then back on, but that is very frustrating. Any solutions to a problem that should not be there in the first place.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @allan473, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it seem the Fitbit app is always trying to locate the last tracker synced, which is why it's hard for it to locate the other tracker. Do you keep both devices next to the phone when trying to sync one of them? If so, I would like to suggest taking the tracker that's not going to sync away from the one that is currently syncing and the phone. 

Additionally, if the tracker is having trouble syncing, I would like to suggest restarting it, then force-closing the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on the phone and swiping up the app. Then open it again and try to sync the tracker. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and that no other Bluetooth devices are around as they might interfere with the syncing process. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not accepting this as a solution because I had restarted both tracker and my iPhone, along with keeping the trackers apart already. Restarting provides a quick fix but the problem keeps coming back. You clearly state that you can use more than 1 tracker with an account, and while that is true, people who buy a second tracker are not expecting this frustration.

If the problem cannot be resolved I think your company should mention these problems in the FAQ where it state you can have more than 1 tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @allan473, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I understand your concern about this situation and I would like to mention that indeed, it's possible to have 2 trackers linked to the same account and they should work correctly and sync correctly. 

Now, at this point, I would like to suggest setting up the tracker you're having most trouble with as a new device to reset the connection between the app and the tracker to improve its syncing capabilities. To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Thanks for your patience, I hope this can be helpful. Please don't hesitate to reply in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes