Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app 3.72 version is available

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a blind user and have reviewed version 3.72. The description of changes is standard boilerplate and no information can be gleaned about this changes. Step streak has not been fixed to reflect actual step streaksNone of the issues related to accessibility for blind and reading disabled appear to have been addressed. I did note that active minutes just now showed 20 turn and six cardio. Heart rate showed 20 fat burn and three cardio. Can anyone explain the discrepancy???d

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Today I noted that Yesterdays distance which was 8.7 miles was read by voiceover as August 7 miles. This has been an ongoing issue related to using Apple’s voiceover screen, reader, or blind and reading disabled. if its iOS software still continues, frustrate my experience. Data, formatting errors, incomplete data, availability, information available to cited users, not available to users of the Apple, voiceover screen, reading, software, and more. I continue to advocate for Fitbit Google, making the iOS home screen, and other screens on the iOS platform, friendly for those who are blind and reading disabled. It is my hope that through persistent efforts change might be achieved. Also, it has been over three weeks since version 3.72 was made available to the Fitbit community and the notification of current iOS version  still reads 3.7 in the iOS forums first message. I have dictated this on my iPhone, so please excuse any spelling or content errors.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Since first evaluating changes in the Fitbit update, 3.72 I have purchased an iPhone SE third generation 5G to replace my iPhone 7 LTE. The increase speed has been wonderful and the home screen no longer freezes and the tiles no longer flip. However, the numbers for heart rate have been made unavailable to people using the voiceover software. This is the same thing that happened to the edit button in September 2021. Not having the heartbeat information will be extremely frustrating because I use it when I walk to make sure that I am in the cardio range or higher. The issues with the screens still exist . I hope that someday somehow someone from fit with that software development will call so that I can explain the issues I have observed. It is frustrating as a blind user to be made to feel as a second class citizen in the Fitbit community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I noted that Yesterdays distance which was 8.7 miles was read by voiceover as August 7 miles. This has been an ongoing issue related to using Apple’s voiceover screen, reader, or blind and reading disabled. if its iOS software still continues, frustrate my experience. Data, formatting errors, incomplete data, availability, information available to cited users, not available to users of the Apple, voiceover screen, reading, software, and more. I continue to advocate for Fitbit Google, making the iOS home screen, and other screens on the iOS platform, friendly for those who are blind and reading disabled. It is my hope that through persistent efforts change might be achieved. Also, it has been over three weeks since version 3.72 was made available to the Fitbit community and the notification of current iOS version  still reads 3.7 in the iOS forums first message. I have dictated this on my iPhone, so please excuse any spelling or content errors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, the iOS forum has been updated to say version 3.72 is now available.

I thought that by upgrading from an iPhone 7 LTE to a iPhone SE third generation 5G the tile flipping issue I have previously reported was resolved. Yesterday the tiles flipped again for no apparent reason. The tiles that flipped were steps, calories, Florence, and zone minutes. it had been a couple of weeks since the last time the tiles flipped, and for a moment I was confused as I navigated the iOS app home screen until I remembered that this had happened before on a regular basis multiple times during the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes